cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep cache local on HUB system , Static content should not be accessed from Backend al the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa/SAP Fiori team .

Is there a way to keep Static content local on gateway instead of loading static content each time from backend system ?

In our case read entity operation is taking longer . MYINBOX application is unified (connecting to two backend system) . Eg : I have 200 ITEMS to load from backend systems in my INBOX and each time read operation is taking around ~ 500 ms . I want to load /Read delta only from backend system not the full read/load each time user access INBOX .

I did test and deleted 120 items out of 200 loading of INBOX become faster however , this test was just to know read operation is issue or backend system performance .

Can you please guide me how we can keep METADATA CACHE local on HUB system instead of going to backend each time ?

-Suharsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suharsh,

Please share the business scenario.

What kind of documents should be approved and how many workitems will be received per day per approver.

Please note that workitems are not static content.

Metadata is cashed as default if you have not changed the configuration.

Metadata Cache - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa ,

As discussed , Please find below Business case and issue we are facing .

Business case : We have Unified inbox ( connected to two back end ECC system ) . Task processing service  is hosted for all approvals like PO approval etc ..and SBWP items from backend . In total there are 200 items to load in inbox from two different systems .

Issue : We are seeing issue when INBOX is getting loaded (200 items) and also when launching Fiori launchpad is loading its taking ~3 sec to display number on tile .

Currently loading items in inbox is taking ~ 5 sec and displaying item by item which is just going to thru list take a sec to hop to next item .

Display of total number of items takes ~ 3 sec . So total end to end from launching fiori launchpad till reviewing the list of items in MY INBOX is taking around ~7-8 sec and One sec to display next item on list .

When we did IWFND/TRACE & IWBEP/trace is showing 503 sec for reading entity from backend system . Wondering how to improve this performance for 200 items or more .

Same test when we did with 80 items in Inbox it took 2.5 sec to load and display . So we came to conclusion more items in SBWP is equal to more time spent on fethcing records from backend to HUB system . Can we localize the items in cache that are not changing ? and load delta when new item is added to backend SBWP ?

How to improve overall performance for MYINBOX app ?

How to improve cache management for heavy inbox ?

Let me know if you need more information from traces we took and message that is open with Germany developer looking into this , we dont see positive as of now .

-Suharsh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suharsh,

Please take a look at SAP Fiori - Performance and identify the bottleneck. If the bottleneck is ERP backend side, most probably you have not implemented mandatory notes for SAP Business Workflow performance.

You can also extend the app and minimize the number of workitems in My inbox to 30 instead of 200.

You can also use Approve Purchase Order app instead of My Inbox. Approvers prefer to have separate tiles because number of workitems is on tile by task like Leave approval 5, PO approval 30.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Massa ,

My company requirement is to have single window application (MYINBOX in this case) for those who request for it and we are using PO approval for those who doesn't want any other entries apart from PO's in there list . So PO Approvals has been added to Inbox by requirement.

We are in pilot and doing MYINBOX and PO approval as first two application .

When we see performance trace its READ entity which is taking longer to load items from backend system - This is root cause for us . As per our knowledge we have Notes what it needs to take MYINBOX and PO approval app up and running . Please let us know if you want me to check specific notes ?

We have gone thru SAP Fiori Performance doc couple of times before we have raised message to SAP and before asking you over this forum.

Extensibility is good option for us in future however we don't want to reduce the number of items and 200 items is nothing when it comes to rendering .

is there a way to cache the items on HUB system ? and load delta from backend system is nothing is changing on backend then its just a read otherwise it should keep everything local to HUB . Do you know the way to achieve this ?

In other words how to keep STATIC content local to HUB ?

-Suharsh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suharsh,

Please share the bottleneck FM or method you have identified.

You should check notes in the component BC-BMT-WFM*.

2119455Composite SAP Note: Task Gateway, My Inbox components
2089151User attributes: Transfer of SWL1 definitions
1911705Performance optimization: Delta pull
2061267Performance of language-dependent work item texts

Optimization of SAP GUI for HTML URL generation

2117068 - Support of attachments of internal formats by task gateway; performance improvements when reading tasks with attachments or comments ( IW_BEP 200 SP11 or SAP_GWFND SP11)

2023100- New Metadata not loaded after changes ( IW_BEP 200 SP10 or SAP_GWFND SP09 )  -> Performance optimization

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa ,

Thanks for all your help . I was able to bring down proc time for URI in problem from 2000 MS to 600 MS however this is also not acceptable .

And limiting the number of items in Inbox is not fulfill the requirement on our end .

I hope to talk and work with you soon .

Please let me know if you have any other suggestion or lets talk soon on this . You will get my message .

-Suharsh

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suharsh,

I feel 600ms is a decent one. You may explore Soft-state for enabling data cache in Hub.

2074804 - Soft-state Enablement for Performance Optimization

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna ,

I do believe it is decent . However my user is looking for delightful experience .

Keeping in mind 600 MS with ~50-80 items in INBOX this is still needs to be improved .

My target is to remove the sniping wheel from navigation and loading time . I am working with many other SAP developers now to accomplish this .

SOFT STATE is enabled in our case allready and i did this as a part of troubleshooting from config perspective . I do feel i wont keep this enabled for longer to save hardware resources on our system .

Appreciate your input tho .

Thanks .

-Suharsh