Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create update site for studio

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i need to setup an update site for hana studio. The available hdb is rev 97.1 and it seems there is no repository available. The url http://hana_server_ip:80xx/sap/hana/studio doesn't work. The repostory has to be for Mac and Windows (32/64) clients.

How do i setup an update site and maintain the site for later releases?

Thanks

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Haven't done that before, but there's documentation around explaining how to set up your own update site for HANA Studio:

Set Up the Update Site for an SAP HANA Studio Update Manually - SAP HANA Studio Installation and Upd...

Have you tried that already?

One more thing: can you confirm you tried the url with port 80<instance number> already?

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

what does this mean?

We recommend that you use SAP HANA database lifecycle manager to set up the update server for the SAP HANA studio update and regularly provide the newest installation files.

The url "/sap/hana/admin/cockpit" or "/sap/hana/ide/security/" are working, but "/sap/hana/studio" gives an 404 error.

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

That is a typically SAP documentation. It is the recommended way but it is not described how to use it. Do I have to start hdblcm and choose the action "update_components"?

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I understand '*/sap/hana/studio' will be available through the update site once you have an update site registered on your HANA DB.

Sorry, as mentioned I haven't tried it. Manual steps seems pretty straightforward though. There's video available walking through the process if you're interested -

SAP HANA Academy - Installing SAP HANA: studio update site - YouTube