cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between ( RC1WWIDP, RC1WWIWP) & (RC1AVGE1, RC1AVGE2) in relation to reprot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts/Gurus,

I am confused about the functionality of the program combo ( RC1WWIWP, RC1WWIDP) & ( RC1AVGE1, RC1AVGE2) in relation to the report creation/generation process. All I know is that WP & DP trigger a job every time we manually try to release a report in the background, the job associated with these programs are responsible to relese the report. Regarding AVGE1 & AVGE2, the AVGE1 determines the report with potential changes & AVGE2 creates the new report if required.

But all I want to know in depth whether or not these report programs work in tandom or separately ( for example - if we trigger AVGE1 & AVGE2 & then for report creation will the job for DP & WP come into picture because ultimately it's DP & WP that are responsible to get the report created ).

Answer with indept insght in to the report creation/generation process will be highly appreciated. 🙂

Thanks in advance for the solution.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh

don't mix the two processes. They do have seperate purposes.

1.) RC1WWIWP, RC1WWIDP => takes care regarding "WWI" management and e.g. report distribution (please check this FORUM; you will find many documents, threads etc. regarding this process)

2.) AVGE1 & AVGE2, => if "relevant" changes are done one some "objects" then a "regeneration" of reports is done (in most cases using job as scheduled in the "night"

AVG1/AVGE2  are not discussed often here. PLease check first online help:

Report Management Worklist - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

E.g. document as: http://www.wikiguga.com/topic/916b0987afab45cabdb02d07d3d98cae mihgt be of interest as well.

C.B.

PS: in context of: But all I want to know in depth whether or not these report programs work in tandom or separately ( for example

IN most cases the "practical" use of the processes is as "tandom".; But AVG1/AVG2 is "only" useful if you have a "good" organisationm acting in the SAP ERP system as you need to check e.g. daily, weekly regarding the reports which are regenerated (should be in status "Ready ""

The use of this process depends on:

1.) number of specifications in the system

2.) number of released reports

3.) number of changes on "objects" which "triggers" the regeneration of reports

PPS: check these threads may be on top:

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Chris & Ansh ,

I got the below message after running these two programs . Is there any thing missing before running these programs ?

RC1AVGE1 - t is not necessary to generate the worklist and RC1AVGE2 - reports to be checked were found .

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

please create a new thread if there is a new question to consider.

The use of these two reports is not "easy". You need a good strategy. Looking on the feedback: you shoul dnow find new generated reports in CG50. Reports should be geenrated using an "user id" (assigned to the report RC1AVGE2)..

Just check contetn and if needed release the reports,

For: RC1AVGE1 - t is not necessary to generate the worklist

Message is "strange". Did you test in "dev", "qual" or "Prod"... ?

C.B.