cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Event Message..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face a very strange issue with a couple of event handlers.

I pass two event messages (tracking headers are same where as track parameters are different) to an Event Handler.

Again passing the same two event message to next Event Handler.

For the second event handler, I can view both the event messages where as for the first , I can only view  a single event message in event message list of tcode /n/saptrx/eh_list.

The ruleset is also not getting triggered for the missing event message in eh_list for the first event handler.

I can view all the four event messages in the tcode /n/saptrx/evm_status (all are in processed status). Also all the four entries are there in the table /SAPTRX/EVM_HDR.

May I know, whats the exact reason behind the issue and how to mitigate it.

N.B: I have run locked Event handler and repost AI post but the result is same as previous.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Can you check the table /SAPTRX/LOCKEDEH as you may see EH GUIDs for first event handler?  This can be blocked during event message processing.

Can you run batch job /SAPTRX/EMJOBS and check now?

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

check table /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG with the Event Message Guid as selection criteria.

He you see for which EH Guid they were processed.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all...

I have checked and found that all the four entries are populated in /SAPTRX/EH_EVMSG .

Furthermore, For the missing entry, the non relevant field is checked.

I have checked further and found that the event is getting triggered through expected event list (not through unexpected event ).. and there was no expected event mentioned for the same which was the root cause for the issue.

Regards,

Ratnakar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Are these 2 event handlers of same EH Type and have same tracking code and tracking id? How do you generate these event messages?

To resolve do the following and see if it helps:

1) Check the tracking code and tracking id of the event messages and check them on event Handlers as well.

2) Check the queues ( SMQ1 )

3) If these are unexpected events, check if you selected unexpected event flag on EH types and defined any unexpected events ( provided if these 2 Event Handlers are of different EH types ).

4) Do you have any stop/quit processing activity in ruleset based on any conditions or parameters?

5) Additionally check if any not-relevant/invalid flags set on EVM_HDR or EH_EVMSG table for these events which will tell something is not right about this message.

Based on these questions, see if you can narrow the issue down for us to figure out what happened.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Vishnu