Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dismantling/Disassembly Process Discrete Manufacturing

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any standard SAP process to dis mantle a finished discrete product ?

Example: Finished Good = Raw Material Component 1 + Raw Material Component 2

When the production order for Finished Good is confirmed and delivered the raw material stock reduces and finished good stock increases.

What should be done to dismantle the Finished good ?

One way is to reverse the delivery and cancel the confirmations, and set deletion flag on the previous production order. However then the cost associated with dis mantling is not captured in the system. Also the cost incurred in assembling is lost, leading to incorrect financial postings.

What is the way to breakdown the finished good into its components ?

I read about creating a re work order, and entering the finished good quantity as negative and raw material quantity as positive using CO07, however this is a manual process.

Any help/inputs would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor

Hello Ameya,

Is this regular process of dismental  the orders. CO07 is manual process however it's a good option to map such scenario. Create rework order assign header material in positive and component as negative quantity. You can use the reference operation set if required.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member734893
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have scenarios of helmet dismantling so at the time of production booking I have mentioned rejection qty of helmet which is FG now I want to cosume that material and after dismantle some of the component will be reusable for which inventory will be generated as by product so what will be cost effect and how process will be mapped with automatic negative qty in BOM...

Regards

Akash Mishra

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is old question and which is already answered.

Please open a new question for your query.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

For dismantling, you can use separate order type and create process/production order of finished good (say 1 qty.) and also as said by you and Mr. Rupesh, maintain the components as a negative quantity and finished good (for example 2 qty. or appropriate to reduce the stock level) as a positive quantity in component overview. I have seen that some of SAP users were follow this method so as to make it easy to monitor and reporting point of view.

Regards,

Naresh

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even if I create a rework order with the original order as reference in the settlement rule.

How to settle the rework order in case the original order has already closed in another period ?

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create settlement rule manually and distribute cost in % to components. Business decides in this process on how to divide the cost in terms of %.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Test this scenario in your quality system and come back with further queries.

In Customizing, you can set that production or process orders should be assigned to a cost collector and you can do the period settlement too.

Please refer,

Preliminary Settlement of Rework - Cost Object Controlling (CO-PC-OBJ) - SAP Library

Rework Orders in Period-End Close of Cost Object Controlling - Release notes 46A - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

I tested a scenario using CO07 and tried settlement to a cost center.

However when I use CO07, the goods receipt check box is grayed out and unchecked, I understand that since there is no material there is nothing to deliver, I enter the finished product as negative and other components as positive. However the order does not get DLV status, will that be impacting ?

Is there any step by step document which is available for this ?

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ameya,

DLV does not required in rework order through CO07 as there is no good receipt. You can do the technically complete and process it further.

Please refer

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar