Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDS maker usage

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello All ,

Can someone provide me an example what MSDS generally is used for . We already have expert rules to populate data in specification. Despite that we have MSDS maker also but I have no clue what purpose it is used for in real scenario .

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The purpose of the MSDSMaker is to create secondary data for EHS, as it is with the other standard rule sets provided by SAP. In contrast to those other rule sets the main issue is not the calculation of data for only a very limited range of EHS characteristics based on a specific logical scheme. The MSDSMaker rather serves the generation of data for a large variety of EHS characteristics with flexible, user-defined content, hence to fill many sections of the MSDS with one rule set. Unlike other rule sets it is not only allowed but even preferred to modify the standard content of the MSDS Maker in order to fit it to the special demands of each customer. This is necessary since there are only guidelines for those MSDS sections the MSDSMaker is intended to generate data for.

This rule set considers results from other standard rule sets (e.g. DAPEC, OSHA) and for this reason is usually run at the end of a standard rule set package. Please read the complete documentation provided as part of the content package for installation of front-end MSDS maker and how to adapt the rule set for customer specific requirements.

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I believe the MSDS maker is "content" which you buy. We don't use it. But simply speaking: you would populate additional data on REAL_SUB level based on some "primary" data; in the "ideal world" then data is good enough to generate a MSDS and then to release it.

I am sorry to say: I am not aware of any other thread discussing the MSDS Maker. As MSDS maker is "content" which you buy you should have receive a documentation. Therefore: just read it

C.B.