cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating system call recv failed (error no.10054)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi community,

The following error appears repeatedly in the transaction sm21:

I use Kernel 721 SP 300 for a client and 741 SP 221 for another.

Please, could you tell me a note to solve this error?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

The error is actually returned by the OS, when SAP tries to read from or write to a network connection that does not exist anymore, the OS returns this message : 10054 = connection reset ( terminal lost connection with the server.
Note: #500235 - Network diagnosis with NIPING

See in KBA too #2189918

BR
Tamas

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina ,

Please check the following OSS Notes

1519484 - How to analyze network disconnections shown in system log (BC transaction SM21)

406390 - Problem with external RFC on R/3 System

Would you be able to send a screenshot of the details after double clicking on any of the above error messages

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I show you a screenshot with the evolution of transaction sm21 yesterday:

SAP_BASIS component is release 701 level 10.

So, the note 406390 does not apply to the system.

If you can help me a little more I will appreciate it a lot!

Thanks!

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina ,

Looks like your  SAP system restarted yesterday  ( 8:00 pm ) . To confirm would you be able to provide the following logs ( active at this time , sometimes it will be *.old )  from your work directory /usr/sap<SID>DV*/work

dev_ms

dev_disp

dev_w0

dev_rd

If you are on a windows server check the event alerts , If you are on an Unix server execute uptime in command prompt and send the screeenshot

Also in your first post you mentioned " I use Kernel 721 SP 300 for a client and 741 SP 221 for another." Are these two different systems ?

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I will attach the files you mentioned me in your last post dev_disp, dev_w0 and dev_rd. The dev_ms file does not exist in the system.

Also I include a screenshot with the SM21 transaction and another screenshot with the event status view in the time the error occurred (20:00 PM).

In the previous post I mentioned two clients because I see this error on multiple systems.

Thanks you very much for your help!

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina ,

As per the dev_rd and dev_dispatcher tarce files

DpSigInt: caught signal 2

DpHalt: shutdown server >SAPBIDES_BAD_00                         < (normal)

DpModState: change server state from ACTIVE to SHUTDOWN

DpHalt: stop work processes

Someone has explicitly invoked the shutdown of the system /  this might be  as suggested in the following Note ( Though as the Note suggests it is valid for Unix systems in general )

1234013 - Application Server shutdown for no apparent reason

The message server trace file is also required  ( The trace file should be available in /usr/sap/<SID>/ASCS00/ work /  directory )

Also

Check the following Note and confirm whether your systems  are in the affected Kernel release 

1667339 - "GwGetHdlInfo: invalid ni hdl -1" in dev_rd

Thanks ,

Manu