SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a material for sales/services in DBM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please let me know how we can achieve the following

1. block a material for sales/ services temporarily in DBM for a particular sales org/plant and for all sales orgs/plants?

2. Can we block a labour value(key) in DBM? If yes how?

Regards,

Manasa

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Once part is entered the system will carry out availability check and if inventory is available it will create a reservation document  to block the stock. Goto document flow to check the reservation document.

Sorry labor is not inventory so its not subject to reservation..however, you can implement Multi resource Scheduling add on for SAP DBM , and in that you schedule the resources for  service orders at task or item level.

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your immediate response.

But my requirement is that I have to make the material unavailable to be used in any job card for the time being. Like blocking material for procurement by setting deletion flag in mm06 or block indicator in material master, is there any option to do the same for sales and services?

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

Dear Mansa,

Sorry I was confused with  blocking material as reserving it.

For this you can amend the X-distr.chain status field of material master in "Sales: Sales Org1 " view.

If you wan to customize your own blocking reason then use below path in IMG menu Logistics - General > Material Master > Settings for Key Fields > Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution > Define Sales Statuses)

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you for your suggestion.

For parts,I tried setting X-distr.chain status field as 02-Discontd w Replacemt in material master's "Sales: Sales Org1 " view. But still I am able to add the part in service job cards. Can u check if there is any other way?

0 Kudos

HI Manasa,

Try this "Sales: Sales Org1 "  view of the material enter  maintain field "Sales unit" . However the value you enter here should be different from Base Unit of the Material. After some time try jobcard will not accept the material with below error message.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you. I will try that and let you know. Can you suggest for blocking labor values too.

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

For those labour values in transaction code /DBM/LBROP remove assignement of any  LV Main type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

in material master basic data 1, there is something called as X-plant mtl status, here you can block material for all plants.

In Sales: Sales org 1 view, there is X-Distr. Chain status, where you can block material for sales for specific sales area.

Regarding Labor Value, I am not sure if you can block but if you remove Labor value catalog assigned to Labor value, it won't get determined or will be selection option on RO

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I tried setting X-distr.chain status field as 02-Discontd w Replacemt in material master's "Sales: Sales Org1 " view. But still I am able to add the part in service job cards. Can u check if there is any other way?

For labour, it is working if I delete the labour value from /DBM/LBROP. But I dont want to delete it as it effects the job cards which are not closed where the same labour is used. So I want to make the labour values inactive only for sales for a particular period. Please suggest how I can meet this requirement.

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Regarding Labor value, I was saying is to remove Labor value catalog assigned to Labor value and not to delete Labor value. If you remove labor value catalog then it won't get determined or will not show in RO for selection.

Regarding, material, did you try to mark it for deletion using MM06?

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

For labors,It didn't work by removing labor value catalog assignment to labor value.

For parts,MM06 works only for POs but for service orders,it doesn't.I tried and it didnt't work.

Please suggest if there is any other way of making labor values inactive/block them for a particular time period.

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

Manasa,

We assign Labor Values / Labor codes to Labor value Cataog, if we remove that relationship, then labor value will not show up for selection. Check if you removed labor value from right LV Catalog which is getting determined in RO

Regarding blocking material for Sales, in material master Sales view 1 you can give reason for blocking and it will give you error.

While testing make sure you blocked material for right Sales org.