cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Publish CDS View as OData Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

in a HANA course I heard that you can publish a CDS view automatically as an OData service in the ABAP AS with the use of one single annotation.

Now I have been searching for said annotation for an hour and I can't find anything. It doesn't help that there is no SAP documentation for available annotations...

Do you know anything about that CDS annotation that converts your CDS view into an OData service automatically?

Regards,

Klaus Kronawetter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

@OData.publish: true

Although you didn't find documentation on this because I don't believe this feature is released yet.  This part of the ABAP innovations coming later this year to support S/4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thomas.

Unfortunately it is not working, as you said. So for now we have to create the OData services manually... but I'm really looking forward to these new ABAP innovations!

Regards

former_member198402
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Greetings!!

I had no other way(Direct Mailing) to contact to you... I have an query please suggest me .

Enqueue -Dequeue Control from UI to backend or for RFC once connections get Lost

I want to lock object on UI/Fiori Screen as happens in ERP system( 2 user cannot change same object). ******But the Thing is once The GATEWAY Control come out from backend(Call from UI to Backend ), Enqueued object get released which is not required. I want to keep locked the same object till I do dequeue explicitly .. 

Alternative--How can we lock object using RFC once the Connection get lost(once control get back to calling Program enqueue object get released).

Kindly Suggest .

Regards,

Santosh G

WRoeckelein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

will this only support READ requests or full CRUD requests?

Regards,

Wolfgang

WRoeckelein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

VP
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I've got access to a ABAP AS 750 and the @OData.publish: true is working as expected and after the registration of service I've got to consume it on SAP Wed IDE for smart app template. Though no annotation file is available for selection.

I understood it should be visible by calling

/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/CATALOGSERVICE;v=2/Annotations(TechnicalName='XXXXX',Version='0001')/$value

where XXX is the annotation model assigned to the odata service. Unfortunately on activation of CDS no model is assigned so that no annotation file reach WED IDE. The point is I'm missing something ?Is there a default annotation model to assign manually ?

thank you for any help,

V.Paderni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

concerning "It doesn't help that there is no SAP documentation for available annotations...".

That is not completely true although there is no central landing page to identify them all, but the ABAP keyword help on ABAP CDS views contains a description of the available annotations at the relevant keywords. Currently, that is for view definition and elements in a select list:

As Thomas already stated the annotation your are looking for is not available in NW 7.40. It should come with NW 7.50 with a lot of other annotations that will make life easier (especially when thinking about UI integration). This is also the reason you should use the semantic annotations available at the moment although they are not really of use in the current NW release

Best regards

Christian 

WRoeckelein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

How is the localization of EndUserText.* annonations supposed to work (Both in HANA CDS and in ABAP CDS)? Will we get localized annotations?