SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSW - material transfer between Transport Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before dealing with sub-items, please let me know how would a regular nomination look like to transfer material from one TS (intransit plant A) into another TS (intransit plant B), having a commom location LOC.

Now a more complicated scenario.  How do I transfer material from one TS to another using sub-items?

The business scenario is:

- purchased material is received and loaded into barges

- barges go up to a location

- at this location material is transferred to trucks

- trucks go into plant and material is transferred into stock.

Since Modes of Transport are different, I need a TS for the river and another TS for the trucks.

Barges and trucks will be nomination sub-items.  How will the nomination look like (which line items)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello Jose Vargas,

For this scenario you would need to create two nominations. One to load the material into TS1 and unload at a location. Another nomination to load into TS2.

For subitem scenario.

Nomination 1.

Line item 1  O - P ( Purchase into transport system ) with subitems which represent the barges.

Line item 2  D - X ( unload at the location ) with subitems

Nomination 2 .

Line item 1 O-X ( Transfer into transport system 2 ) with subitems which represents trucks

Line item 2 D-X  ( Unloading at the plant ) with subitems. 

Regards,

Christina.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hello Jose Vargas,

For this scenario you would need to create two nominations. One to load the material into TS1 and unload at a location. Another nomination to load into TS2.

For subitem scenario.

Nomination 1.

Line item 1  O - P ( Purchase into transport system ) with subitems which represent the barges.

Line item 2  D - X ( unload at the location ) with subitems

Nomination 2 .

Line item 1 O-X ( Transfer into transport system 2 ) with subitems which represents trucks

Line item 2 D-X  ( Unloading at the plant ) with subitems. 

Regards,

Christina.

0 Kudos

Thanks Christina!

Let me ask you another question.

I'll peg items 1 and 2 from nomination 1, and 1 and 2 from nomination 2, so I can check if all that was loaded was discharged.  But how do I actually make this check?

I'll also peg item 2 from nomination 1 with item 1 from nomination 2, to check that it was all transferred.  But again, how/when do I make this check?