cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal error : The report could not be opened from BusinessObjects Enterprise.....

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

"The report could not be opened from BusinessObjects Enterprise

Possibly the report is on a different BusinessObjects Enterprise system then the one you are currently logged onto. If this problem persists please contact your administrator"

Hello Everyone.

I cannot seem to figure out what's causing one of my Crystal Report users to get this error message when they try to access their reports on Crystal reports 2013 through BO launch Pad by logging in to BusinessObjects Enterprise.

She is able to log onto BO Enterprise and can see the folder structure also, the error appears when they try to open a report. I'm very certain it has got to do with the user access in CMC. I've checked the access level assigned to the user for the folder, looks fine.

Has anyone experienced such a message, what is causing it to appear ? How can I resolve it ?

Please share your thoughts and inputs, I'll really appreciate any comment on this.

Thanks

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was able to identify the cause of above message. here are the two things you need to be cognizant of when dealing with this error :

> The security group assigned to the user (receiving this error message) needs to have "View Object" &"View Objects (users owns)" granted under Content - Crystal reports. Just check override and grant the access.

> Accessing a report saved in CR2013 format via CR2008 (not sure if this hold true when accessing via CR2011).

Thanks

Gaurav

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, the way that security works, you should only need "View Object" as that will cover all objects whether the user owns them or not.

-Dell

Answers (0)