cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues opening Lumira docs on BI Launchpad

cayala
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am currently have Lumira docs on SAP Lumira for Teams but I am trying to test Lumira Server for BI Platform.

I have intalled Lumira Server for BI Platform on my BOBJ 4.1 SP5 Development System. The installation was fine and I can see the new Lumira Server running on my BOBJ sytem when I see on CMC.

When I save a Lumira doc on my BOBJ Launchpad everything is fine but when I try to open it it doesn't work. It gets stuck and can't open it. Please I need an advise to make it work.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harjeetjudge
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What browser are you using?  Confirm that it's one of the supported browser types for Lumira.  Can you open up any documents from the Lumira Samples folder?

cayala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response.

I am using Windows Explorer 11.0.24

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos - to clarify, which version of Lumira Desktop are you using?

cayala
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried using another browser and it works with Crome version 39.0.2171.95

What version of Internet Explorer can I use?

Thanks

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos - please see the SAP official product availability matrix at https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100001293012015E

Shows IE10/11

cayala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tammy,I am trying to figure it out why Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show the Lumira reports on BOBJ Launchpad. It works fine with Google Crome.

Also, trying to schedule the report I got the following error messge:

Object failed to run due to an error while processing on the Job Server.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos - on the IE issue, I recommend contacting SAP Support; when I searched the SAP notes I found a few of them (recent) but SAP has not released them.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a ton of KBAs on the error (most not directly related to Lumira, but this is really not a Lumira error as such. Rather it is a BI Platform communication issue. From a recent interaction I had with a customer on the phone, here are troubleshooting steps we are trying right now. I suggest you may want to follow these as well:

1) What is the data source of the Lumira document which is having scheduling issues? (Excel, Universe, free hand sql connection to databases, etc.)?

2) Do you also have issues with Lumira files created off of another datasource (say and xls)?

3) If it's based on a universe, are you using a UNV or UNX universe? When creating the document, did you use the Query Panel Extension to acquire data from the universe, or the Universe option in Lumira Desktop?

4) Is the scheduling issue happening to all Lumira documents in your BI Platform, or some of them?

5) How much data is being retrieved?

Requests:

1) The issue may be related to firewall settings, particularly if even a file connecting to XLS does not work. Check and disable any firewall rule which may be involved for the workflow.

2) Please ensure that the following is done:

Logon to the CMC with an administrator account.Go to the publication location in Folders.Select the publication and click on Manage then User Security.Click on Add Principles, select the user and Assign Security.Go to Advanced tab, then to Add/Remove rights.In the General rights, grant the following rights to the user :

Copy objects to another folderEdit ObjectsModify the rights users have to objectsSchedule document to runSchedule to destinationsView document instancesView objects

If none of the above helps, create Lumira log files following KBA:

2220451 - High Level SAP Lumira Desktop Trace Log Files Using enabletracing.bat File - v. 2

See if you can find any useful information there.

Finally, following Tammy's advise may be an idea also...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (@CRnAnalytics) (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place: https://ideas.sap.com/SAPLumira/boards

Visit the SCN Lumira Community: http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

I have a very strange issue with viewing Lumira reports. I setup an heterogeneous environment between my windows and my current linux box clustering the windows box with my existing linux box.All the installation were successful, and I am able to view  my lumira reports on my windows box. But when try to view them on my linux box all I get is the white screen.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rauf - this is a closed thread; that said, I recommend reading Ramu's post at https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-64123

If you still experience issues please create a new discussion thread.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos - which version of Lumira Desktop are you using?  Could you try with version 1.28.5?

cayala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response.

I am using Lumira Desktop 10.28.2

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Lumira Desktop version the same as the version for the Lumira Server for BI platform add-on?

cayala
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, It's the same version.