cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Fiori language for a specific Application

former_member189162
Participant

Hi Experts,

I have done some searches and seen a number of discussions about setting the language. What we are trying to do is to set the language for a single Application (Tile). We have a scenario where there is a back end system that will only return data in English, so we need that Application to be set to always be English, no matter what language is set in the Launchpad, browser, etc.

We tried setting this in SICF for the application and we also tried passing the url parameter sap-language=en via the Tile configuration and LPD_CUST but it does not work. We have only been able to get sap-language=en to work if we do this for the entire Launchpad, which we do not want to do.

I have seen some discussions about possibly setting this via the Service itself as a parameter. Is that a possibility and can that be achieved without modifying the code?

Thanks!

-Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Kevin,

How about setting EN in the Trusted RFC destination?

OData response should come in EN language.

For example:

System Alias: BACK1   - Trusted RFC without language

System Alias: BACK1EN - Trusted RFC with EN language

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Masa!

That is brilliant! it works! We no longer get errors when the browser/launchpad language is set to a language other than EN.

One more question. That fixed the data from the service, but we may get a request that the Fiori application text be forced into English as well. The data from our back end is coming through as English but the application's labels, titles, button text, etc. are displayed in the browser language.

Do you know if there is a way to do that with configuration rather than changing the code to force it to use i18n_en.properties?

Thanks!

-Kevin

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

From end user point of view, end users always prefer labels in their selected language.

I'm fine with UI language is in Japanese and Data language from backend in English.

I think sapl-language=EN can set UI language. What is your test result?

Off cause you can set EN in the app configuration as you have mentioned.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok cool. I was wondering if that would be preferred as well. I am going to show the clients and see if that works for them as well.

I tried setting the sap-language=en as a url parameter in the Tile configuration for the application, but it does not have an effect unless the url parameter is applied to the launchpad. Then it sets everything into English.

Thank you for all your help Masa!!

-Kevin

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We struggle with the exact same situation. We have a Launchpad with 10 languages but hosting a tile from HCM where there are only 5 Languages. If we do like Masa proposed we the bespoke situation where UI Labels will be in browser language, say japanese, and other texts (that happened to be fetched by the trusted RFC from backend) in say English.

Is this still "state of the art"? Did one succeed in harmonizing UI labels to supported backend languages?

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Answers (0)