cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bobj is undefined with latest Microsoft Fixes.

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using Visual Studio 2015 with Crystal Reports for VS SP15.

The reports were working correctly yesterday but today after a series of Microsoft fixes the reports stop working.

What happened after some investigations is that previously when calling a reports the Crystal files URL location was:              /aspnet_client/system_web/4_6_81/crystalreportviewers13

But after the installation the Crystal files URL location is: /aspnet_client/system_web/4_6_118/crystalreportviewers13

We have fix the issues by creating the missing folder but I think a fix will be required with the next service pack. I don't know if the .Net version/file location is change often and if a better solution could be found

Here is the list of fixes that were installed regarding Framework 4.6:

• KB3098786
  • KB3098001

Thank you.

Charles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles

Many thanks for the heads up...

In the below linked Discussions Don mentions that the issue was escalated to R&D for a fix. What concerns me is that the directory name appears to change "randomly" depending on the MS updates applied. I will update Don and R&D to make sure they do not fix this for one dir name and then it does not work for other dir names.

Have a great day,

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

charles_gagnon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

That for the answer. I will see if in SP16 there is a new solution but from the time being I will used the solution found in this post:

By forcing my web site to seek the viewer in the following folder that has always work(4_0_30319).

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="crystalReportViewer" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<crystalReportViewer>

<add key="UseBrowserLocale" value="true"/>

<add key="resourceURI" value="~/aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13" />

</crystalReportViewer>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

Thank you.

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Do you suppose it's possible that this issue also causes the Crystal Reports Viewer to export corrupted PDF files, or is that a separate issue?

Our reporting application targets .NET Framework v4.6.1, and I've installed the latest CR runtime (CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_15).  By duplicating the system_web\4_0_30319 folder to match what the ASP.NET report viewer was trying to load (4_6_1055 in our case), the viewer loads and displays reports just fine.  However, it exports corrupted PDF files (all pages are blank, though page count and orientation are correct).  Exporting to Microsoft Word works fine, as does exporting programmatically to PDF (export without using the viewer).

Adding the businessObjects config section also enabled the viewer to load (though I had to exclude the tilde from the resourceURI to make it work), but the PDF export problem still exists.

Is this applicable at all, or should I create a new post?

Thanks,

Andre

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

I don't think this would lead to corrupted PDF files (but I'm always open to see new issues / behaviors...).

Are you exporting using code or from the viewer? - Which ever of the above you are using try the other one - see if that is different (just a test).

If you install the CR 2013 designer on that computer, do you get a successful export? (CR 2013 eval is here: SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

When I export to PDF from code, it works fine.  When I export to PDF from the ASP.NET viewer, the PDF file is corrupted.  That applies in both my production and development environments (both of which target .NET Framework 4.6.1.

After installing the CR 2013 Designer on my development machine, and the ASP.NET report viewer still exports corrupted files.

Please let me know if I can provide additional information, or if I should create a new issue.

Thanks,

Andre

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's end of day for me, but if you as a test, compile with a lower framework, say 4.5 - do you still get the same issue?

What OS is the app installed on?

If you go to the server and run the app there - does it export correctly?

What browser? (can you try IE / Firefox / Chrome?)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried changing the .NET Framework target for our app to version 4.5.  The PDF export problem still occurs.

We run Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 (recently migrated to new servers with a clean install); however, this issue also occurs on a Windows 7 Pro x64 development machine.  The report does not export to PDF correctly on the server nor the development machine.  I just tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome in both environments--same issue for all three browsers.

With all that in mind, it's possible that this problem occurs only for machines on which the .NET Framework 4.6+ is installed.  I haven't tried uninstalling the .NET framework 4.6 because that seems like a big project considering dependent applications and everything else that could go wrong.  Do you know if the CR dev team can export to PDF on machines running .NET framework 4.6+?  Has that been tested?  Microsoft has dropped support for .NET Framework 4.5.1 and below, except v3.5.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks, Ludek.

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

The fix we are going to impliment is to look in a different registry location for IIS/Express so you won't have to add the framework version to your path.

And WOW, MS has dropped support for a new framework already...

The bobj or AllinOne errors are all due to accessing the CrystalReportsViewer folder. They should all go away, or work and have dependencies/permissions as it did in previous versions.

Don

Answers (0)