cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal error (-3) occurred while updating SAP Business One into V9.1 PL09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to update a SAP Business One application.

I have only installed SAP Business one server tools and SAP business one Server on a Azure Server.

The installation is in V9.1 PL05.

When trying to upgrade into V9.1 PL09 i get  Internal error (-3) occurred only for the server, license, sld etc. The common database and the customer database updated successfully.

If i try to rerun the update again, cannot connect to SLD, so i have to uninstall everything and start all over..

Any ideas of what is the internal error(-3).

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards Antonis.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonis, i wish you was able to solve your problem.

I'm writing you for some help. Im new in SAP Business One on Hana and I want to install a dev server in Microsoft Azure, please can you give me some highlights to do this?

Thanks for your help

Adolfo Galán

saul_hernandez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adolfo.

You have to create a specific tread about this, but follow this link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56602

In this document, the author explain some topics about SAP and Ms. Azure.

Regards.

Saul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saul thanks for your reply. I'll read the information. Have a nice day!

saul_hernandez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adolfo,

If this answer help you, please mark this like Helper Answer, and if this answer resolved your issue please mark this like Resolved.

Thansk.

Best regards.

Saul.

saul_hernandez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonis.

I got the same issue. Internal error (-3) ocurred.

I deleted the SLDModel.SLDData database, reinstalling and then the installation was ok.

Best regards.

Saul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saul, good morning.

As soon as Possible i will check your solution. If this resolve the problem i will check your answer as correct.

Best Regards.

Antonis

saul_hernandez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antonis.

Ok.

Best regards.

Saul.

Laura_Nest
Participant
0 Kudos

Be sure to check to see if your directory path to your software folder is too long.   (I know this post is on an older post but is good information for anyone else seeking a solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laura thanks for your answer

My customer is in azure server, so we keep the version in 9.1 PL05. We have in mind to install 9.2 and we hope the problem be solved there.

For your Information, the software path is short. Maybe the problem is somewhere else.

Best Regards

Antonis

erdogen1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We checked it after the upgrade. We found duplicate entries but more importantly it was more than 2048 characters. When we fixed the PATH the problem and re-install, the problem was solved. I think in your case the problem is somewhere else.

erdogen1
Explorer
0 Kudos

We had the same error message while upgrading SAP B1 to V9PL12. Apparently this happens when the PATH variable in Windows is longer than 2048 characters (this happens because SAP B1 puts duplicate entries in PATH variable). Please see SAP Note 1946297.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Engin thanks for your answer.

I checked the PATH Variable BEFORE start the upgrade, and i didn't found any double entries for SAP Business One Server or Server Tools. Also the PATH Variable is only 760 characters long.

When you Check this variable? Before run the update or during running the update?

Regards

Antonis.