SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Matrices with * , does it affect system performance

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friend, 

Need your opinions on using *’s in action matrices,  I am building a matrices and find few actions
which are needed at almost 70% of the places in matrices.

Want to know if you suggest to go ahead with using * or **** at places in action matrices. Please share you experience on using * while
building matrices, also if you faced any performance issue. I am not sure when we make an entry with * how much it affect system performance while calculating all possible actions for an vehicle at given condition.

I am building something like below.

Action

Control

Old

Status

Action

New

Status

MF01

SMOD

MF01

AB**

CMOD

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

Ritesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

More specific is always much better. So I will suggest avoid *'s .

Regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

More specific is always much better. So I will suggest avoid *'s .

Regards

Ganesh

SachinX
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

This matrix is used for determination purpose as to which action to be run at which status or in other words i would say it is called as allowed action / possible action for a certain status of the vehicle.

In my view this should not create any performance issues at action processing, however at action determination at VELO screen this cloud possibly impact.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ganesh sawant,

Thanks for reply , its really very difficult to be very specific in cases when my action is generic enough to cover possibility of updating minor information on vehicle record. If a update is ir-relevant of vehicle status either I need to make entry in matrices at all possible combination and in attempt to be more specific I may end up extending matrices.

Want to know what SAP recommended as best practice in such cases ? Have you guys encountered any issue while using * in matrices?

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sachin Balmiki,

Thanks for reply , you correctly pointed out my question is related to "get possible" in VELO.

It will be great of you can share whats your experience with using * in matrices and if you know what SAP recommend here as best practice on create a lengthy matrices covering all possibility or use * at few places to cover generic possibilities. 

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Yes , we always get such actions but I keep very specific entries in action matrix to avoid misuse or do addition programming checks. If you can list which actions exactly you want to make generic then may be we can help you to segregate either into more specific or generic

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Following is according to SAP technical documentation on Creating your own actions on the old & new vehicle status.

"You can also work with asterisks as wildcard characters and thus describe an entire cross-section of vehicle statuses. This is useful, for example, if you want to express in the action matrix that an action can not only be executed at one particular point in the process but also at a point within the entire cross-section of the process chain. For example, you can enter MM1* for MM10 to MM19, MM* for MM10 to MM99 or M*, *.

Vehicle status can be kept as only asterisks " * ", however I would suggest you atleast minimum put in one alphabet digit & then asterisks.. for example  M* , T* , Y* , Z*.. etc...

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki