Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMT1: RFC system error

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue with Trusted RFC.

Recently we have done system copy with Prod data to Quality. We got SMT1 entries of production server to Quality. We managed to delete the connections by using DDIC Id. Now we are not able to create trusted connection to PRD. I have checked all the possible SCN threads and links to figure out the issue none was helpful. Please help me.

As per standard notes we have

1) Created a new RFC in SM59 with ID and password that has same authorizations as Production server.

2) Connection test and authorization test are working fine.

3) When executing SMT1 in the wizard after "enter destination" Let us suppose created RFC was "SID_TRUSTED" in SM59 in quality. The wizard is throwing error ""RFC system Error"".

4) I hope there are no authorization issues as we are performing this with DDIC user.

Best Regards,

Amarnath.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You cannot use DDIC or SAP* to perform the trusted RFC setup, or to use a trusted RFC connection (SAP note 128447).

This is hardcoded and cannot be changed.

You have to use a different ID.

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

Yes I have gone through the specified note. We are facing the same issue even with the user ID that have full authorization. Any other possibility to resolve this?

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please read below blog if that helps you in achieving this.

Create an RFC trust relationship between 2 SAP systems - A step-by-step guide - ABAP Connectivity - ...

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

I have gone through mentioned links, but at the step "enter destination" in SMT1 I am ending up with an error RFC System error.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amarnath,

Could you:

1. Please post a screen shot of your error.

2. Please run transaction SECSTORE and then execute. Correct/Delete any entries suggested by SECSTORE and then try creating your trusted connection again.

KR,

Amerjit

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the help I got the issue resolved. It was authorization issue in Production environment.

Best Regards,

Amarnath.

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Nice to hear that the issue is solved!

Please mark the thread as answered .

shindead1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know what exact authorization error and how it is resolved.

I am facing same issue, "RFC system error".

I have just refreshed UAT system from Quality system. I need to create trust in UAT system and fcng issue.

your prompt response will be helpful.

Thanks,

Amol

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Make sure the user I.D you are using have authorization SAP_S_RFCACL in target system.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does your RFC has trusted radio button selected.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

Yes for the old one with which we are facing issue.

And for the newly created one we did not select the option.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also let me know if I need to do anything from Production end as well.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

jyothi1998
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

I am facing the same issue, here we are trying to establish a trusted connection between Production Solution manager system & Regression Test System(Manage System). Solution Manager system is not trusting the manage system. I tried deleting the SMT1 entries but facing RFC Error. There is no authorization issue recorded in both Production Solman system & Manage system aswell. Please help.

Thanks,

Jyothirmai V