cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WebIDE and SAP Gateway connectivity fails after SAML configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect and deploy FIORI extension app from sap WebIDE to SAP Gateway server. I am facing the attached error.

Any input would be helpful.

I have maintained correct setting in my destination folder.

Error:

Cannot deploy the application. Any entry for the UI5 BSP repository was not found in ABAP. Development tools discovery service. Install the nissing software components on your ABAP system.

We have SAP NW 7.4 SAP_UI 750 SP0000  (Attached components versions info). SAP help document says all required front end UI components are part of this 7.4 version no additional components are required. This was working earlier but stopped working after deploying the SAML components on SAP NW Gateway.

I am confused what causes to fail WebIDE connectivity after deploying the SAMl components on gateway server.

may this is not relevant but it is coincidence.

Thanks

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, we do facing same issues , quick suggestions will be highly appreciate .

Thanks in Advance

Ravindra S.

JFULGENCIO
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Were you using a local WebIDE connection when you had the issue?

I'm having some connectivity issue between a local WebIDE installation and our GW system.

I just want to check with you if you were able to resolve your error. I would also appreciate any information you can provide on what to check to find the root cause of the error.

Thanks so much,

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having a same problem.

Did anyone find a solution?

Regards,

Pratik.

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Need to configure Principal Propagation between HCP to HCC to Backend.

In HCP Destination, change to Principal Propagation.

In HCC,

1) Create System Certificate, CA Certificate. (https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?d0c4d5675d4f4bc78a5b7a7b8687c841.html)

The CA certificate should have the KeyUsage attribute keyCertSign

2) In Access Control, Go to Virtual Host and change Principal Type to X.509 Certificate

3) Under Settings create a Sample Certificate under Principal Propagation (Use S-User id or P User id as Name)

In Gateway:

Finish config as mentioned in below link

1) https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?a8bb87a72d094e0d981d2b1f67df7bc3.html

2) Maintain User Alias field in SU01 for your user id to link to S User or P User from HCP.

3) Need to import SYstem Certificate created in HCC to STRUSTSSO2 in Gateway

With this SSO will work even if SAML is enabled in backend. As X.590 certificate takes precedence than SAML.

Thanks

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

We disable the SAML configurations and now we are able to connect the Gateway and deploy the application.

I still did not understand what is the cause to fail Gateway connection from WebIDE when you enable SAML setup.

any help would be great help.

Thanks

Krishna

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We do have the same problem. Any solution available besides to deactivate SAML2?

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krish / Markus,

Did you guys find any solution for this. I am trying to see the configruation at HANA Cloud Connector and there is no SAML available to integrate.

Other certificate options exist. Did not try that.

Thanks

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

You can use simple https setup , for the matter of fact for the basis you cna try with HTTP first via cloud connector. I am using HTPP and working fine for me.

Please post here if you see any error while you are connecting so that we can respond.

Thanks

Krish

SUMANTH2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

So in HANA Cloud Connector, for Principal Type, you are using HTTPS? I have everuthing working fine as long as SAML is not enabled in Gateway.

Thanks

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only thing I suspect is that once you enable the Services in SICF as SAML enabled for example ADT all othr support ABAP Developemnt tools related services are not resolved and it could eventually through an error and in that case the HANA cloud connector based setup should also be configured as SAML based and that might work.

Thanks

Krish

madankumarp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi Krish,

We had the same issue and disabling SAML worked for us too.

(I'd to go to transaction SAML2 and disable it)

Just wanted to check with you, were you able to find a work around or do you guys still have SAML disabled?

thanks,

Madan

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check SAP Notes : SAP Web IDE Developer Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We are SAP NW 7.4 and SP12 , this notes already covered and no need to apply.

But still the issue exists.

Thanks

Krishna