SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship of PS-CD with FI-CA

meet_waseem
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is my first thread in HE&R regarding SLCM Financials structure.

Through SAP online library, I have come to know that PS-CD is also called Public Sector Contract Accounting. I would like to clarify:

1) Whether the term "Contract Account Receivables and Payable" is also for PS-CD or is it something else.

2) The relationship of FI-CA with PS-CD? and if they fall in same tree structure, which one falls under other?

Looking for summarized but objective response enough to clear the clouds and kick start in the universe of SLCM Financials.

Regards

Muhammad Waseem

Added on 30-Nov-2015: No reply yet. Now tagging & requesting SLCM guru  for kind assistance. Handy comments from any other expert would be well appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad,

Basically PSCD and FICA are the same in terms of functionalities and processing. PSCD is activated when you select the application area Public Sector in the FICA IMG.

The main differences are the Master Data Structure compares with other application areas in FICA, for instance in PSCD the Master Data is structure as Business Partner, Contract Account and Contract Object, every object represents the Student Master Data and Academic Data which definition is critical in order to have a smooth integration with HER.

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to reply back in case you need more details or clarifications,

Regards,

Teo Rodriguez

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hello Muhammad,

Basically PSCD and FICA are the same in terms of functionalities and processing. PSCD is activated when you select the application area Public Sector in the FICA IMG.

The main differences are the Master Data Structure compares with other application areas in FICA, for instance in PSCD the Master Data is structure as Business Partner, Contract Account and Contract Object, every object represents the Student Master Data and Academic Data which definition is critical in order to have a smooth integration with HER.

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to reply back in case you need more details or clarifications,

Regards,

Teo Rodriguez