Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira 1.29 & BI Mobile

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Am excited to see the new SAP Lumira 1.29 with BI Mobile support (and ESRI base layer maps, which is great!)

We have 4.1 SP6 and BI Mobile 6.3.8 and have just installed 1.29 SAP Lumira for BI Platform, but it doesn't seem to be working, no Lumira stories are being pulled back by BI Mobile (tagged with Mobile Category)

All the installs have succeeded and I have tried repairing installations as another user had suggested in another post, but no joy!

Anybody have any ideas where the problem could lie?

Howard Stiles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the tomcat path mentioned in the comment below to see whether Lumira webapp files are deployed on tomcat?

http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2015/11/21/whats-new-in-sap-lumira-129-summary#comment-6376...

<install dir>\tomcat\webapps\MobileBIService\WEB-INF\classes\internal

Also make sure the device version and pre-reqs mentioned in the OSS note.

Deepu

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

I'm all ok on versions of software and iPad versions.

Checked the Tomcat path and there is no lumira.properties file, and there is also not a Lumira.properties in the .../Warfiles directory either.

I have already 'repaired' the installation, both Lumira Server and the BI Platform.

Howard Stiles

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like the repair installation did not work.  When you did the repair  on 1.29 did you select the option for deploying Mobile for LS4BIP?

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

It does not give me that option, I don't know if it makes any difference but I am upgrading from 1.28 Lumira for BIP, not installing from new.

The only option it asks for is the CMC username password.

Howard Stiles

former_member193885
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try steps below:

1) Run the update for LS4BIP 1.29  (Looks like you have already done this)

2) After installation is completed and re-starting server do a modify install (uninstall/change) from Control Panel (it takes a long time to get to the Modify install screen)

3) During this step select the option to deploy Mobile components as show in the screenshot.

Page 11 of the admin guide also has some information on this.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/lumS4BIP1/en/lumS4BIP_129_admin_en.pdf

former_member206661
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Deepu,

Followed these instructions and all is good!

Regards

Howard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Deepu suggested, see ASUG Mobile BI &amp;#8211; What&amp;#8217;s New in 6.3 ... | SCN - first release only covers the iPad. 

Does Mobile BI work with other clients - e.g. Crystal, Web Intelligence or Design Studio?