Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Settings BI4 / Design Studio

simon_kussmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't find any documentation about the language capabilities of Design Studio running on a BI4 platform.

We implemented the SSO and want to use the BW user's locale (default logon language) as default. But we don't know whether the browser settings effect this or BW does.

For example, if I change the browser settings to another language the date format changes.

But the BW texts are still on another language and don't react to changes in the BW logon language and browser settings.

The following things can effect this:

- BI Launchpad settings

- browser settings

- BW backend settings

- local computer settings

It is possible to use the BW settings as default (date format and text language)

Is there any documentation available related to my problem?

What is the expected behavior in this landscape?

Versions:

Design Studio Release: 1.6

BI Platform Version: 4.1 SP7 P0

Thanks and best regards,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_stettler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

There is a S-Note available about your issue:

2250554 - Incorrect BW data language is returned in Design Studio applications

As Henry said, it's important to uncheck the language option in the OLAP connection. Additionally to that it's important to run the correct version of the BIP and Design Studio AddOn...

We had a related issue with a different version of the BIP (4.1 SP6). Since today we are running 4.1 SP6 Patch 5 which solve our language issue...

Best Regards,

Alex

simon_kussmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

I had to check and uncheck the checkbox again, now the user automatically logs in with his PVL.

I will wait for the possibility to use the BW settings as PVL...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's the OLAP connection defined in BI4 that will be the determining factor here, plus the STS (security token service) which handles BW SSO to BICS.

i would have thought, either the connection is hardcoded to EN (or another language code),  else you need to leave it open (unticked_ so that the SAP User's PVL (preferred viewing language) is picked-up at runtime

Regards,

H

simon_kussmann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thank you very much.

I found out that it is not possible to create an OLAP-connection without a language.

The dropdownbox cannot be blank in our installation. Should this be possible?

Best regards,

Simon

alexander_stettler
Participant
0 Kudos

It's only important that the save language check box is unchecked...

simon_kussmann
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.