cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DS 1.6 Scorecard - Conditional Formatting

0 Kudos

I am trying to use the new Scorecard in DS 1.6 with a UNX source.

I have 2 columns, 'Desk' and 'Count', for example:

DeskCount
A5
B6
C9
D3
E7

I want to conditionally format the count column with:

Green is <4

Amber is 4 to 7

Red is >7

But I am not sure how to accomplish this.

I see the Cell Background section and I select to Bind it and se Binding Type as 'Conditional Format Value' but from there I am lost.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Scorecard is not introducing any calculation engine for such checks, the conditional binding can be used for direct match between venues for example if you have a value to you can match it to some image path. For any kind of calculations you need to make it on your data source, you can use for this analysis office for specification of conditional formatting or you can use bex exceptions.

hope this helps you.

karol

0 Kudos

Thank you Karol, it is a shame that the conditional formatting is as restricted as this.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

the "conditional binding" in scorecard does not support it, but the "conditional formatting" do support calculations. on BW source you can make it in BEx Query (BEx exception) and in case of UNX currently you need to make it in Analysis Office and use smart copy of the data source to DS. In the roadmap of DS there is also support of the conditional formatting in DS designer, but not yet available in 1.6.

Karol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nick:

Did you see Karol's answer here? Scorecard Object in Design Studio 1.6 issue wit... | SCN

0 Kudos

I cannot see a solution there to my problem.

I am looking to colour the cell background and am not sure what to put in the cells below with the arrows.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick - thank you for the screen shot

The left red arrow - you should click the drop down - that should help select the binding for the cell - the tool tip says "Open cell selection dialog"

The values 1-9 are the typical conditional formatting conditions - to be honest, I haven't tried it with the scorecard component, but I would imagine they are similar as follows: