cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Maximum Number of Members for filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using some of the DS templates for analysis that utilize the navigation panel and crosstab components.  The navigation panel allows one to filter a dimension through the Filter Members menu option which brings up a filter panel similar to the Dimension Filter.

Unfortunately, our users quite often get an empty list (see below) because many of our dimensions have a bit more number of members than the 100 (I assume) limit.

I know we can modify the Maximum Number of Members to load through the properties on a Dimension Filter component.

My question is....can we manipulate this maximum number of members to load for filtering using the navigation panel (or is it the CONTEXT_MENU) component?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing same issue, we are using Design Studio 1.6 SP 1.

Can someone confirm if this has already been implemented in DS1.6 SP2.

Thanks,

Pragathi

former_member206841
Participant
0 Kudos

Even in 1.6 SP2, the limit is the same.

Member Fetch limit from backend in dialog:10000 - To extend You can try 99999:)

Member Fetch limit from backend in dialog:1000 - You can try 9999 here

Regards

Dinesh

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lori - I am not sure I am completely following, but what about changing the thresholds in the Preferences menu  - Tools > Preferences:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was very excited for a minute there but when I checked my preferences, that value was already set to 1000 for my application and we get the "Use the search bars to limit the result set" for a dimension with just 120 members.  So it does not appear to have any impact on the number of members displayed in the filter popup.  Darn!

Thanks for your reply!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you restart your Design Studio application and try again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The "Maximum number of members to fetch from backend in dialog" has always been 1000.  But just to be sure, I modified the "Maximum number of members to fetch from backend in content assistance" property to 1000 and then restarted DS.  The list is still empty for the Navigation Panel filter but shows the 120ish members on Dimension Filter (because the Dimension Filter has a property on the component to change it)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of Design Studio are you using?  Which template?  If possible I would like to try to recreate (or maybe another community member can?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To recreate this issue, just add a datasource to a new application and then add a Navigation Panel and bind it to the datasource.  Run the application.  Inside the navigation panel, right-click on a dimension that has more than 100 members and select the Filter Members menu option.  A popup filter will appear with an empty list because your dimension exceeds the limit (100).

Now...add a Dimension Filter and in the component properties you can select the same dimension (as above) but put in a value in the Maximun Number of members" property that exceeds the number of members in your dimension and then run the application.  What appears to be the same filter popup now displays your members from your dimension.

I doubt I can get the Navigation Panel (or is it the context menu) to show more than 100 members when filtering.  I don't see a property for it anyway (like we do in the dimension filter) but was hoping I had overlooked something.  It is just that it is such a nice component (and used in SAP's analysis templates!) but darn it if our users hate seeing an empty list for a few hundred values!

Thank you in advance for your help!

FYI: We are using DS 1.6 and the Filter Line only shows 100 members at the most as well.  😞

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lori - I can recreate your scenario.

I recommend creating an Idea in Idea Place for this:

Idea Place: Enterprise Home

I did a search and I couldn't find an existing similar idea

Idea Place: Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will do...thanks for taking the time to check into it.

michael_simon4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

I had a similar problem with the filter line (with a key figure structure with more than 100 elements; in this case no search is possible - so you are not able to filter in the key figure structure in the filter line at all) - and the SAP developer confirmed to us that the option to change the no. of members will be added to the filter line in 1.6 SP2.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of members more than 10000..I tried that in the preferences..but i can able to increase till 10000 and its not allowing me to enter one more digit too. Is there any limitation?

Regards,

Amala.S