cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection round planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I tried using inspection round planning, I made a general task list with one FL at operation level. In the PRTs, I provided 5 out of 10 measuring points over that FL.

For testing purpose, I made a maintenance order, imported the above made general task list. Now those included 5 measuring points are showing as PRTs in the operation of the order.

I put in process the order.

Now when I want to do confirmations using IW41, I can select that operation and measuring point tab. Here I can enter measurement readings.

As per my understanding only those 5 measurement readings should be shown during confirmations.

OR at most all 10 measuring points of that FL should be shown (in case some readings taken which were not included in order operation).

BUT, in my case it is showing only Order number and no FL. Here I can select any random FL and its MPs.

Please confirm if my understanding is correct or am I missing some settings.

TIA

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Can u pls. attach the screenshot? When you click on the Measurement Reading button in IW41 screen, you are first shown no counters/measurement points by default. But of you see, there are 2 other buttons there, "Object Counter" and "All Measurement Points on object". Click on any one of the buttons and you will be able to see the counters defined on the Functional Location Object.

Thanks,

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

It is not showing any object.

So no effect of pressing any button.

I raised an OSS incident regarding the same and they replied this is the expected behavior. And it will show only that object which is included in the order header (in my case nothing is there in order header).

However if that's so then the whole purpose of including MPs as PRTs in the task list for inspection round planning fails.

I've to manually choose the MPs which I need to enter a value for.

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Why is there no reference object in your order? The ideal scenario would have been that you would have used this task list in a maintenance plan and generated the orders from its scheduling.

May be you can go through this link

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/48/689d3dd2613c87e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Moreover it would make sense to create an order on the object on which you are doing the inspection. And that's where you have the measuring points defined. This completes the flow.

Hope it helps.

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

It is not always necessary to have a reference object in the order.

Say I check my complete signaling system (for public transport system) 3 times a day everyday.

My signaling system have many FLs and equipments. During one check I note down the readings for say 100 different MPs for 10 different FLs and equipments. And I repeat that in remaining 2 shifts.

How do I provide one FL at header level then?

That's why I make a TL and include those 10 FLs in that as operations (and corresponding 100 MPs as PRTs).

Now, I have two options:

1. I enter MPs' reading first and if out of range (or any other condition) one call object is generated.

2. I make a strategy based plan with maintenance item as say, "System Check", with no reference technical object. However, I include above made general TL in that.

My user is new to SAP, they don't want to deviate much from their current practices. Option 2 reflects their routine.

While writing this response I revisited your reply on my earlier question:

have a look at your last reply point 4.

That is exactly what I am trying to implement. But as discussed in above posting SAP does not allow to use "only those MPs".

regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Pls. follow these below steps to get only the Measuring points you defined in the task list operations.

1. Pls, make sure you have a completion confirmation profile in which Meas./cntr. readings active push button is checked. for this Go to node --> Set Screen Templates for Completion Confirmation in 'Completion Confirmations'

2. Go to IW42, select suitable profile from extras--> settings

3. Click button measurement/counter readings

4. in pop up window click button meas.points Inspn planning

5. this displays measuring points assigned to that operation only.

Hope it resolves your issue.

Thanks

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Saurabh,

1. Screen template - check

2. IW42 - check

2. extra --> settign - uncheck

Infact this was the step I was searching for. I made that screen template with all the settings, but did not know where to include that.

3., 4. , 5. check

And SUCCESS!!

thanks Saurabh.

regards

Vivek

Answers (0)