cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.hdbprocedure file, security, read only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While troubleshooting this topic: , an entirely new issue has come up.

Using SQL Script to create stored procedures directly in the catalog, I have no problem doing read / write commands:  Delete, update, insert, truncate, etc., all work just fine.

When activating a .HDBPROCEDURE file, I am getting error that says:  "You can only create read-only procedures on this server"

What instructions can I give my security team to fix this?  My company is new with Hana and we do not have an experienced security team. Specific instructions on how I can make .HDBPROCEDURE files to write commands would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need create any access on that schema where you are trying to create the procedure. If you want insert/delete in any other schema, you need access for that too..

It seems you are trying it in your own schema, can you check if create any privilege for your own schema ?

With this access, I was able to create Write-Enabled procedure in my own schema.

Also check this parameter (  if set )

Choose the Configuration ---->  indexserver.ini ->Repository.  You need a parameter named sqlscript_mode and the value should be set to UNSECURE.

For me it is in Default and I am able to create non-read-only procedure in my schema.

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

Thanks for the response.

I do have create any in this schema.

I will check with my security team on your suggestion regarding:

Choose the Configuration ---->  indexserver.ini ->Repository.  You need a parameter named sqlscript_mode and the value should be set to UNSECURE.

I will let you know if this works.

Thanks!

Jeff

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Remove Comment Lines from the Default Schema and see if you can do it .  If you do not specify, may be it is taking SYSTEM as default schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your suggestion to do this:

Choose the Configuration ---->  indexserver.ini ->Repository.  You need a parameter named sqlscript_mode and the value should be set to UNSECURE

is what worked for us.

Thank you!

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeff for the update. Happy to know that your issue is resolved.

Cheers

Anindya

Answers (0)