cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODATA_CALLING_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created standard scenario of onboarding in SAP process orchestration between SAP HCM and success factors.
I have created 1 sender channel and 2 receiver channel.
Sender channel is configured using SOAP http XI 3.0
One receiver channel is used for Begin session , cancel session and getnewhire records with SFSF adapter(Axis Protocol)
Other receiver channel is used for onboarding candidate info using SFSF adapter with SFSF adapter(odata protocol)

While executing the scenario ,I am getting error as 'ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed' in sxmb_moni.

In monitoring screen , the exact error I am getting is:

ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed {0}.
com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.component.odata.exception.OsciException: 500 : HTTP/1.1 : Internal Server Error
Message could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: Permanent error: Adapter call failed. Reason: com.sap.aii.af.lib.ra.cci.XIAdapterException: ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed {0}.
Message could not be forwarded permantely to the JCA adapter. Reason: ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed
MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.lib.ra.cci.XIAdapterException: ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed {0}
Exception caught by adapter framework: ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed {0}
Transmitting the message using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.lib.ra.cci.XIAdapterException: ODATA_CALLING_ERROR:OData call failed {0}

Please help to solve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Can you please let me know if you have configured proxy settings with host and port name ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anyone please urgently provide me the communication channel details regarding SFSOnbaordingUpdateNewHire_out service interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Did you resolve this issue? Please can you share your solution if you did? I am facing the same problem.

Many thanks

Calvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Calvin,

yes that issue has been resolved,

We have used the api012.successfactors.eu  in URL.. In our scenario , there is a gateway and the reponse from ODATA is failing at the gateway... We have changed the ODATA response from SOAP to XML in the gateway,, It worked after that

Regards,

Rahul

former_member869
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Rahul,

I am also getting this error. api012.successfactors.eu is user specific? Can you please explain me the gateway concept. also are you using dynamic query anywhere in your odata Adapter.

Many thanks,

Rama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramashish,

I don't think api012.successfactors.eu is user specific. Its a standard one for Success Factors

As a requirement, I am not connecting SAP PO to Success Factors directly but using XML gateway in the middle.

Yes , I am using the dynamic query using filters as per the requirement.

Generic query will be:

OnboardingCandidateInfo?$select=userId,readyToHire,managerId,kmsUserId,internalHire,hrManagerId,hired,hireDate,fromExternalATS,candidateId,applicantId

Regards,

Rahul

former_member869
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks you for replying.

I am facing issue with Request/Response format. I am trying to pass some dynamic value through SOAP UI and retrieve data from ODATA API.

For ex - I want to pass user Id through SOAP UI and Odata API should return me the user information.

Can you please help me how to achieve the above scenario. Like what should be the request/response format. What data should I map to QueryString or values for top,skip and filter.?

Do we have any mapping in ESR and how the communication channel sends the response. Atom/Jason.

Thanks,

Rama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please tell me the exact steps to change the response to XML in gateway ??

that would be much appreciated.

thanks

Ahmad