cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File 'SIGNATURE.SMF' cannot be found in the SAP HANA database installation kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting the error File 'SIGNATURE.SMF' cannot be found in the SAP HANA database installation kit, can you please suggest the reason.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183326
Active Contributor

Hello Sandeep,

See: 2078425 - Troubleshooting note for SAP HANA platform lifecycle management tool hdblcm

Point 4 will direct you to two other sections, "Repairing installations with missing signature" and "How to prepare SAP HANA packages for installation or update", these will allow you to resolve this issue and also hopefully ensure you do not encounter it again.

Regards,

Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183326
Active Contributor

Hello,

Also just to let know that if you execute hdblcm --action=update --ignore=check_signature_file the following services will not work until the next upgrade :

Web user interface #

Execution as<sid>adm user

Remote execution via SAP Host Agent

These are not critical to your system and your system will continue to run as normal. (no negative affects)

KR
Michael

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Please check SIGNATURE.SMF related part in note 2078425 - Troubleshooting note for SAP HANA platform lifecycle management tool hdblcm

4. Check that there is a correct signature file in hdblcm installation directory

Repairing installations with missing signature

Regards,

Ning

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had this error whhile applying SPS11 rev 1 ( 1.00.111 ) to mu HDB in version 1.00.110.

I solved it applying SAP note 2078425. especially the section :

"How to prepare SAP HANA packages for installation or update"  stating to use the hdblcm_prepare.sh script.

Best regards,

Steve.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use SAPCAR to unzip the IMDB_SERVER_*.SAR file, it will create the SIGNATURE.SMF file in the parent folder in the end.

However, do notice that if you're installing/updating several packages (say, for example, IMDB_SERVER & IMDB_AFL) and you do SAPCAR for IMDB_SERVER first and then IMDB_AFL, the SIGNATURE.SMF file from the IMDB_AFL package will overwrite the SIGNATURE.SMF file from the IMDB_SERVER package. For that reason, I recommend you always do SAPCAR for IMDB_SERVER last, so that you make sure that the SIGNATURE.SMF file that you get in the end is the one from the server package (which is what the HANA Platform Lifecycle Manager expects).

bobby
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am having a problem where the SIGNATURE.SMF file is not created, despite using SAPCAR correctly.  Have you ever seen this before?