cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load query (data provider "DS_2": No service implementation available)

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am facing an error while runing the design studio page from BI lainch pad, I have this application working on OLAP connetion with SSO authentication. Now the issue here is if i run the DS application locally it executes with query authentications, however when i run the application in BI launch pad it throws this error for each data source.

I have no language selected in my OLAP connection, can anybody please advise if there is any specific setting in CMC which will run my application on BI launch pad.

NOTE- I tried creating a crystal report on top of the SSO connection, this application runs fine locally as well as on BI launch pad.

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

what is the Authentication method that you are using when logging on to the BI LaunchPad ?

In regards to the Language - when the field is empty then the default language of your system will be used.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ingo,

I have tried both with SAP and enterprise id, both does not work on Launchpad, also I have not selected the language option in OLAP connection.

Regards

Rohit

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

are you saying that you are already getting an error message when you are trying to launch this in BI Launchpad with any of those authentications ?

Whats the error message ?

Is the dashboard based on a BEx Query ? If so - are you able to run the BEx query in transaction RSRT with the user from the SAP authentication ?

Best regards

Ingo

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

This issues is fixed now, I upgraded to 1.6 and now i can see the authentications, however new issues is for some users I see authentications and for I dont,.

Like i have company dropdown which shows user only those companies which he/she has access to, however for eg User A- is seeing the company but when User B logs in dropdown is empty there is no value.

I checked in amalyzer and user is able to see the companies which he is allowed to see, but the issues is in Design studio. Does anybody had this issues before?

Regards

Rohit

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

how you fill in the drop down? try to make simple scenario - data source and crosstab. is this issue occuring also there? Also, if you use BW as data source, you can see in SM04 transaction the sessions in backend. check if the user names are correct, perhaps you have some issues in user mapping on your connection.

if one user does not see what he should - it can actually only mean that this user is connected to the backend with wrong user name - or you have some user exits which are coded on query name and in design studio case the context is different.

Karol

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

I checked in BW system user is correctly mapped, we have imoported all the roles to BO from SAP system,  i have created a new test application, where i just have 1 drop down and crosstab, crosstab shows all the companies names which user is allowed to see, howver drop down is always empty.

For some users i see even the dropdown is working with the crosstab, but for some users crosstab shows data but dropdown does not, not sure what is going wrong here, if there would have been issues in BW side, why the crosstab shows correct data and dropdwon does not?

Please advise

Regards

Rohit

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

can you paste the script you use to fill in the dropdown?

* where are you making it, which event

* what is the code

* are you perhaps using data binding?

if crosstab is reading something else then dropdown (assuming you use getMembers() call) - then the topic is in master data read on BW. Somehow the master data are returning less than the result set (booked values). Check in initial view editor if you can change master data read for the dimension - or in BW system (query oor master data definitiion). just check what is set there.

Karol

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

I am using following code on startup to load the dropdown for list of companies user has access to

DROPDOWN_1.setItems(DS_2.getMemberList("0COMPANY", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.KEY_TEXT, 10));

If i check the edit initial view i can see correct data only the list of companies user has access to, but no display in crosstab. i changed the values for filtering to master data in initial view, but no luck.

Regards

Rohit

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Karol,

Type error:

If i check the edit initial view i can see correct data only the list of companies user has access to, but no display in dropdown. i changed the values for filtering to master data in initial view, but no luck.

Regards

Rohit

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you restrict the call to 10 members (last parameter) - is this what is enough for your case? You see nothing in dropdown, right? Or you see only 10 members, but you expect more?

DROPDOWN_1.setItems(DS_2.getMemberList("0COMPANY", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.KEY_TEXT, 10));

Karol

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

I see nothing in the dropdown, ideally the user i am using to check the data has access to 5 companies, so he should see 5 companies in the drop down, but the drop down is empty, however when i create a crosstab and assign the same data source as to the drop down i can see list of 5 companies, not sure why drop down does not show the list of 5 companies.

Also i tries creating a webi report on top of the same connection, webi also shows 5 companies, only Design studio dropwdown is not showing anything in the list

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

what is this script returning?

APPLICATION.createErrorMessage("Memebrs Read: " + DS_1.getMembers("0COMPANY", 19).length;

in your case it should return 5. if it is 5, there is an issue with drop down.

and then change it to

var mem = DS_1.getMembers("0COMPANY", 19);

mem.forEach(function(element, index) {

APPLICATION.createErrorMessage("mem" + element.internalKey + ". " + element.text);

});

instead of APPLICATION.create, use the method DROPDOWN_1.additem();

perhaps this will work.

in case it returns not 5, this is strange...

Karol

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Karol,

Error Message is displaying Memeber as "0", but the crosstab still displays 5 comapnies

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is strange. something wrong goes on reading the master data. which release are you on?

have you tried with 1.6 release?

Check again the read modes in initial view / query / master data definition. Perhaps there is something wrong in the read, have you some special setting in RSD1? Probably you have for the authorization...

The way going forward will be activating trace in BW and place breakpoint on FM BICS_PROV_GET_MEMBERS, this is the call to read members.

If this is returning an empty list, debug in ABAP will need to answer why. Of course, if you feel it is wrong, you will need to make incident.

Karol

vijaymuniraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Did you try assigning memberlist to any other components like listbox, radiobutton group etc.,?

Can you make sure that you have used correct company dimension on both crosstab and dropdown? (in your case it is 0COMPANY)

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

We are on Design studio 1.6, i upgraded from 1.5 thinking this can be issues with 1.5, but no luck, i asked the BW team as you suggested but they said everything is in place where it should be.

We ran the query in analyzer and see the expected results for the user, I dont know why design studio is not showing the data and that also just in dropdown, crosstab works as expected.

Any more suggestion would be really helpful, else will have to raise a case with SAP.

Regards

Rohit mathur

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

Yes, i have tried assigning the DS to the other components, like crosstab it shows the data as i mentioned in my post earlier, the issues is with dropdown, i also tried dimension filter but even that does not show the data.

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

What is the version of Design studio u are using , pls check the link below

Design Studio – Error Configuration SSO w... | SCN

Regards,

Bala

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bala,

Thanks a lot for your help! I have below version of Design studio..is this version a issue? I think i have already upgraded to the version asked in the reference link or do i still need any upgrade? Please advise

SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio

Release 1.5 (Version: 15.0.6)

Regards

Rohit

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to check, are you using the same user account in the Design Studio client and in BI Launchpad?

/Xavier

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Yes i am using the same user id which has access to BW ayatem autorizations, my issue is i am able to see the autorizations when i run Desugn Studio page locally, but i see erorrs when i run in launch pad with the same account.

Regards

Rohit

xjhacking
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, I had a similar issue yesterday, but in my case the solution was to select a language in the OLAP Connection and check the Save language? box. Maybe you can try that?

/Xavier

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Xavier,

I already tried that option in first place, but this didnt worked, actually i am also having Crystal reports on SSO connection and they are running fine, issues occurs only with Design studio dashboard.

Regards

Rohit

former_member558157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I am using design studio 1.6, I have different issue of what is reported in the link.

Regards

Rohit Mathur