cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of Long Texts for ROutings by Direct Input Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus ;

I need to upload Long texts for Routings (Tcode:CA02) and i'm using this Direct Input Program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMPORT_TEXTS related to the Object(0001:Long texts) and the method (0001).

I have created 2 Source structures (one for the Header (LTXTH2) and the second one for the line (LTXTL2) with their fields (STYPE, OBJECT, NAME, ID and SPRAS) for the Header and (STYPE, TEXTFORMAT and TEXTLINE) for the Line.

My problem is in te step : Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules , how to map the field NAME ??

Here is the rest of the Mapping that i have done:

For the Header fields :

STYPE : constant = ' 1 '

OBJECT : constant = ' ROUTING '

NAME = ???!!!

ID : constant = ' PLPO '

SPRAS : constant = ' EN '

For the line fields:

STYPE : constant = ' 2 '

TEXTFORMAT : constant = ' * '

TEXTLINE : transfer = LTXTL2-TEXTLINE.

Many thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can find the answer in my blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juergen ;

Thank you sO much for your quick answer. I did as you mentioned in your blog with one sample record and this is the result :

1 Maintain Object Attributes

2 Maintain Source Structures

3 Maintain Source Fields

4 Maintain Structure Relations

5 Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules

13 Start Direct Input Program

BUT when i go to Tcode CAO2 and i select the first Operation and click on the text editor bottom, i don't find the Long Text !!!

Any suggestions from your side ?

Many thanks

Best Regards !

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The direct input moves the text direct into the STXH and STXL long text tables, for some objects SAP also has a flag on the leading tables that long text exists. This field is not updated with the direct input. You would need a Z-report to update this field. See this OSS note

138012 - LSMW: Long texts cannot be displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen ;

Thanks for your quick feedback. I've downloaded the OSS Note which confirms your post.

Do you have an example of z-Report that i could adapt it to my example ?

Many thanks !

Best Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No I have no such example.

But there is not much difficulty in such program, you need a selection for the routings, and for all selected records you move the required value to the field and  update the record in the database. Probably not more than 25 lines.