SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated the function for issuing storage location in STO (Materials Management - Purchasing - Purchase Order - Set up Stock Transport Order - Activate Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations).

In case of STO from store to DC - fine, i'm able to input  the issuing storage location in me21n.

But in case of STO from DC to store the field EKPO-RESLO (issuing st.loc) is grey and not available for input. Could you help me, why it is grey in such case and is it possible to unlock this field?

Have searched this question through scn, but unfortunately without results.

I'm using SAP IS-Retail, SAP_APPL 617.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andras_strobl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to do a stock transfer from the storage location of

an issuing/supplying site where a Distribution profile is maintained in

the sitemaster. Distribution profile is maintained in order to use the Merchandise distribution functionality available in SAP Retail and storage location determination is a part of the Merchandise distribution process. Once the system identifies a distribution profile in the issuing site, then tries to determine the relevant storage location on basis of the distribution profile. It is not possible to avoid the determination of storage location and force a storage location manually.

In this case, it is not possible to do stock transfer between storage locations.

You can check the coding in function module ME_DELIV_STRG_LOC_ACTIVE_RESWK.

Best regards,

Andras

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

andras_strobl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to do a stock transfer from the storage location of

an issuing/supplying site where a Distribution profile is maintained in

the sitemaster. Distribution profile is maintained in order to use the Merchandise distribution functionality available in SAP Retail and storage location determination is a part of the Merchandise distribution process. Once the system identifies a distribution profile in the issuing site, then tries to determine the relevant storage location on basis of the distribution profile. It is not possible to avoid the determination of storage location and force a storage location manually.

In this case, it is not possible to do stock transfer between storage locations.

You can check the coding in function module ME_DELIV_STRG_LOC_ACTIVE_RESWK.

Best regards,

Andras

0 Kudos

Hi, Andras

Thank you for guiding me!

SOLVED.