Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise app in queue

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to push the application policy to one of the user and almost all the AppStore and Enterprise apps got installed but only one enterprise app is not getting installed. I get the Error as "Unable to download the app- could not be downloaded at this time". This is issue for only one user.

When i see in Package Tracking Log this app is in queue from JULY-2015.

iOS = 8.4 iPad 4,2

Network = Wifi / 4G

Is there any way to delete this app from SQLAnywhere Database? and again re-apply the policy?

Please suggest.

Regards,

VP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aziz . Mirco,

Thank you for your support.

This was an issue with corrupted profiles backup from the icloud.

After the full device reset, we enrolled the device with Afaria without taking icloud backup and all apps got pushed successfully,

Thank you for your prompt support

Regards,

VP

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

Thank you for the update. I am glad issue is resolved.

Regards,

Aziz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

In the administrator UI you can click on the icon to delete a device, and then select package tracking data to clear the package tracking.  Additionally, you may need to clear inventory data as well. If Afaria happens to have record that device has an application installed, then even if you clear package tracking, it will not attempt to re-push until inventory is cleared.

I hope this helps.

-Aziz

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aziz,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Inventory Data from the same page where i selected Package Tracking Log to clear?

2. Once i clear the Package Tracking from ADMIN UI and clearing Inventory data, will all the installed MDM application get removed from the device?

Regards,

VP

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

We don't recommend manipulating DB to manage devices in Afaria  It is last resort. From the UI if you perform the steps outline earlier, it won't delete any apps from device. When device connect it will refresh our packages status. The application in question should go down to the device.

-Aziz 

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello VP,

Did you get this working as expected? Let us know if we can help you any further.

Thanks,

-Aziz

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Aziz,

When i cleared Package Tracking Data and Inventory Data on my test device, all my MDM app re-installed.

Just want to know where users having script files on their app, after performing these above step will stored data / scripts from the app will be cleared?

Is there any other option where i can clear only one app and install again?

Regards,

VP

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I just tried these steps on user device, but no go.

Still he is unable to download the particular app.

Tried with re-enrolling the device and with other troubleshooting steps.

Please advice.

Regards,

VP

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

Can you try to install this application outside Afaria? I am curios if there is a problem with the app. You can use iTunes to install it to ensure it is compatible with the device you are trying to install it on.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Aziz

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

It is working for other users. Only one user is affected. I have looked onto AD, that this user has permission to access / install this enterprise application.

Other enterprise and app store apps installed without any issues into his device.

Regards,

VP

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you please update me on this issue.

Regards,
VP

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I would suggest to try to get a log file from that device:

1. On the device, Settings> MDM-Client > Logging

2. Toggle the Enabled switch and set the level to Debug and set Maximum size

3. Open the Afaria client and reproduce the issue

4. On the Afaria server, select the device from the Device view and click on Get Log File

5. On the device, if you see a pop-up, you have to tap on it to reopen the Afaria client

Have a look at the log for errors please.

Another way to get client logs is using Xcode Utility (iCU)  on Mac OS while the device is connected to it.

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are on SP04 HF19 and here i do not see Get Log File option, this option is available in Latest Afaria versions.

I'll try to get Logs from using Xcode .

Regards,
VP

former_member105680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi VP,

In addition to steps outlined by Somoni, I am still interested to know if this application can be installed on this device outside Afaria. What is iOS version of this device? If you do Google search on that same error you will get a few suggestions, you may want to try that too. At the end, the issue doesn't seem to be related to Afaria.

Regards,

Aziz

former_member197903
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

I am in touch with affected user and back with an update at the earliest.