SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations Discussions
Share your knowledge on SAP for Engineering, Construction, and Operations, connect with community members, and join discussions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create Financial plan

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to create financial plan for one of master projects. However the options to create are greyed out. Please find the attached screen shot for the same. Can some help me or throw some light on this.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarsimha,

After input of basic information for having financial plan in master project just save once (not necessary just to make sure FP is created for master project).

Under tab "Version", you find the default version. Update version type and select the row.

Note: Make sure you are in edit mode of FP.

Now the button "new" will be enabled.

Go ahead with carrying planning cost and revenue in MS AO excel.

Make sure you have installed MS AO in your system and version to be least 1.4.10

Regards,

Pradeep

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarsimha,

After input of basic information for having financial plan in master project just save once (not necessary just to make sure FP is created for master project).

Under tab "Version", you find the default version. Update version type and select the row.

Note: Make sure you are in edit mode of FP.

Now the button "new" will be enabled.

Go ahead with carrying planning cost and revenue in MS AO excel.

Make sure you have installed MS AO in your system and version to be least 1.4.10

Regards,

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks a lot for your help. Now the 'New' button is enabled.

Just have one question, can we plan without MS AO excel. If so, how can we plan.

Regards,

Laxminarsimha

0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarsimha,

Currently CPM financial plan is built using MS AO excel. (its a free software available on SAP website, please ask you basis team. They can download and get you). Alternative solution for planning without excel is still in process of development by SAP. May be in later point of time in coming version like 3.0 you may find that.

Setting up of FP needs bit of knowledge how the product is been built. Sorry, I'm not scaring you. Its not rocket science anyway.

Let me know if you need any help in this regards.

Regards.

Pradeep

0 Kudos

Hi Laxminarsimha,

Can this message be resolved?

If yes, please assign points and resolve the issue.

Regards,

Pradeep