cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error changing input parameters using universe

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are developing a DS (1.6) application using a universe (via IDT) and we obtain an error when we want to change the input parameters.

The universe is connected to a RFC abap function, created in R/3. This function has 2 input parameters: year and country. Also, the function returns an output table with orders to show in the application.

Then, we've created the application using a datasource connected to the universe; we've added a crosstab to show the table and a button to ask for new input parameters.

The button has a call to APPLICATION.openPromptDialog(500, 500) method in OnClick event.

After click the button, we change input parameters and press OK. Then, we get this error:

We've found we couldn't use the DS_1.loadDataSource() or DS_1.reloadData() with universe, so, anybody has some idea or workaround to solve this?

Please, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Andrea.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider patching up your DS app and server to 1.6 SP 1 Patch 1

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Franck!

It worked!

0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

Now, I have other issue related to the refresh data.

Actually, I have 2 datasources DS_1 and DS_2.

DS_1 has Load in Script = false and DS_2 has Load in Script = true.

Both have the same input variables created by Query Specification as Prompts.

The application has Merge Prompts = true.

The button has a call to APPLICATION.openPromptDialog(500, 500) method in OnClick event.

The script OnClick event has these lines:

APPLICATION.openPromptDialog(500, 500);

g_anio = DS_1.getVariableValueExt("psAño");

APPLICATION.alert('DS_1' + g_anio);

g_anio = DS_2.getVariableValueExt("psAño");

APPLICATION.alert('DS_1' + g_anio);

When it is executed, the "year parameter" iscompleted by psAño = 2016, for example. And it shows the correct data. But the, when I click on button to change it and set psAño = 2015, the two messages alert show g_anio = 2016.

It seems the variable psAño is not refresh with the new value.

Thanks in advance!

Andrea.

Answers (0)