cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing SDS's in PDF Format Won't Duplex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project to eliminate the need for Post-Script(PS) processing of our SDS's in both printing and exporting to our web tool for SDS's.  We have successfully tested the exporting of the documents to our Web Tool via the configuration in OSS Note 1535067. 

We have taken this OSS Note one step further and are trying to eliminate PS formats for Report Shipping as well.  The documents are created on the WWI server in PDF format and sent back to the DMS.  When they print to the defined printer in SAP we can't seem to get the documents to duplex (print of both sides) when they print out.    My question is how can we tell SAP to print the PDF on both sides?  We have tried other recommendations on the SCN of changing the printer settings to print of both sides but that does not seem to be working.

Any idea's?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes CB,

Your true, i was tried Print on both sides of the paper (duplex printing) in Word - Word in past its working fine.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric

it depends on the current wwi version you are using. I believe story is like this:

Old approach

You have to use a "macro" to start the PDF print on WWI server. This print you can "customize" (as duplex) in my opinion. The only but is: then any PDF is always in "duplex" mode. This can be ok but..

New approach

If you have current WWi version: WinWord handles the PDF generation internally. No macro needed anymore I would assume if you do as well here proper set up on any WWI then it should work Just make sure that pdf print is by default always in "duplex" mode.

The check for SAP spool or later on the printer is "late" in the process. It is better to make sure tha the "print infromation" passed on to SAP spool etc. has the information that it is of type "duplex"

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

We are using the new approach.  My next question is how do we "Just make sure that pdf print is by default always in duplex mode"?  I think this is the piece we are missing.  Is this a setting in the .INI file or somewhere else?

Thanks Christoph!

Eric Perala

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Eric

may be check: Print on both sides of the paper (duplex printing) in Word - Word

The set up must be done (according to my knowledge) on any "word" installation on any WWi server.

You need "just" to define how the "PDF" generation is done using WinWord (the odf fiel is generated using a kind of "virtual printing"; )

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph!  I will give this a try and let you know the outcome.

Eric Perala