Did you mean: 

Can't able to see preview in GLM

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Currently im configuring for GLM in EhP 7 Here i configured all things ,

1, assigned label data in MM.

2. Generation variant and application objects also.

3. Done settings in CBGL_LS02

4. But when i clicked on Label Tree in CBGL_MP01 it is showing the following error and label stock in un editable mode.

Did i missed something here.

PFA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raphael_dasilva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

A bit late in this question, but there's something that also may cause the scenario you are facing.

If you already configured labels correctly, have you configured WWI for Label printing ?

Please check IMG documentation for :

Set Up WWI Server for Label Printing

Also, in IMG activity "Make Settings for Basic Data" , please check that flag 'Determine Suitable Generation Variants' is set. Further information is also contained in this IMG documentation.

Hope this information help you.

Best regards,

Raphael

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion,

I did it. Only GEN VAR is given in label data.

michael_hofer
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK. Are you able to see the generation variant / label in the label tree in CBGL_MP01?

If not, could you pls. share the log again.

Thanks,

Mike

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

kind of "warning". If you look on the log you have shared you should hopefully get an idea what the system is doing. The "crucial" step is: by using data from e.g. the "LabelView" the system needs to identfy one generation variant of a label report. If this "label" can be found the label tree will show that. In the log file you can see: SAP uses a strategy to identify the correct generation variant (assumption: we talk about a released report)

In your example: based on existing data and strategy: no generation variant was found; therefore label tree is empty (even if there qould be a released report)

There is some parallel discussion done in some other thread regarding "language" of the label. The topic is linked here

For identifying the correct language of a label you must do some programming. e.g. check this link:

Dynamic Label Determination - Global Label Management (EHS-SAF-GLM) - SAP Library

And subchapter there "Use of Report Language"

C.B.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

See we can't assign both label size & gen variant in MM02 as i know, please check screenshot.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

please Show the Generation variant. What Mark would like to "see" is:

a.) did you assign LB_OVPCK to the Generation variant? (Topic of Mark: Report category of the gen. var. has to match with the label category. In your case LB_OVPCK is used.)

b.) Did you maintain "LABELSTOCK" application object on gen var Level?

For determing the "Label" you can either directly assign the genvariant in MM02 or use the Approach you have used

C.B.

PS: may be just read Generation Variant Determination - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

any progress here? Is issue solved? If so: please close thread

C.B.

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please find the screen shot, i maintained in MM02 all the details.

Thanks

Satya

michael_hofer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

in my point of view MM02 is OK.

With the label size and label category a label stock is found.

However with this label stock and label category no generation variant can be found.

Could you pls. check the expected generation variant for:

- Right label stock is assigned. If you have assigned the wrong the label det. cannot find the generation variant

- Report category of the gen. var. has to match with the label category. In your case LB_OVPCK is used.

On the other hand if you just want to preview the label please maintain the generation variant in MM02 directly.

Regards,

Mike

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Thanks for your reply,

1. I released template n gen variant also.

2.I cant create the report in cg02 via gen variant. In application objectsmaintained matmaster & label data.

3.in cgbl_mp01 i taken generic & given material where i was assigned label data with label stock n number of copies.

4.In SU53 i can able to see authorization also.

5.but when executed label tree in cbgl_mp01 i can see the material but while selectd that material n clicked on preview it is telling that please double click on label data but cant able to see any label stock there only number of copies n printer are in editable mode.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Satya

the "label tree" is "empty"; therefore you will not succeed. If after label determination a label is identified you will see a "different" icon on the left as part of the "tree" (in your case you have no tree; but only a "node"). After clicking on that (the new icon) you can enter additional data etc. But this entry is missing and you get the "error".

This is what you should check (for safety reasons only):

a.) you have maintained the label view on mateial master data level  and populated data there so that the label can be "selected" (determined as to be valild) later in label transaction

b.) you have generated a "label" (create report) using cg02 and you have released the label (using CG50)

c.) you have prepared corresponding customizing and additional data (e.g. label stock etc.)

d.) you have maintained "gen variant" with corresponding data (so that as well the released label wil be determined and shown in the label tree (maintenance of "LABELSTOCK")

But still the system is not able to "select" the label and to show it to you in the label tree. So some step seems to be missing/incomplete

C.B.

PS: may be check document

You will find lot of references to GLM related issues

PPS:

How can I achieve to print label without packaging | SCN

Configuration Documents For Global Label Manage... | SCN

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-EHS_GLM_KONFIG_SUMMA

michael_hofer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you pls. make a screenshot of the log after you hit on label tree. Please dont hit on print/preview. Then you should see the log of the label determination.

Regards,

Mike

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Satya

based on Marks feedback: E.g. check Determining Labels - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

Just click on the "Log Icon" on left side; should get some information; based on that may be seom aditional helpis possible

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

not knowing the details of your set up: in most cases you use a "released" reports (but especially for Labels: this can be different !). Do you have a released report which is valid to be shown in the dialog? did you execute su53?

C.B.