Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to restrict catalog codes at plant level

former_member201039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hii mentors,

while craeting notification there is a field codes and while pressing F4 all codes are displayed there like cause or damage. so is it possible to restrict it at plant level.

Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Yes. It is possible. But at code group level with following condition that cause code group & damage code group names should be different for different plant.

Eg. Plant 1 - Motor fault code group : P1MOTOR

Plant 2 - Motor fault code group : P2MOTOR

Authorizaiton object is  Q_GP_CODE.

Feild value of QCODEGRP should be as per your code group naming. ( e.g. P1MOTOR for one role & P2MOTOR for other role)

Field value of QKATART should be 5 & C.

Regards,

Amol.

former_member201039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply amol but it is not feasible as per my requirement as we have more than 20 plants and more than 30000000 equipments under one company code.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I understand that. But anyway you will have Roles for each plant. The workaround which I suggested deals with Roles only.

Regards,

Amol

former_member201039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amol,

For this i have to restructure the codes first by namimg convention.

Reagrds,

Sameer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a similar issue. I have configured a catalogue profile with D,5,C,A,B and attached to equipment.

i have also configured 'Coding' (D) field  required for a partcular Notification type. Now when users press space bar, they are able to enter any code for D catalogue, The system does not restrict the codes of D catalogue to those included in the catalogue profile. But when the user selects F4 in Coding field, the drop down shows the correct values, ie only those codes included in the catalogue profile for the equipment.

Can somebody suggest a solution?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

Which field you are talking about? Can you show in picture.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member201039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

when we choose catalogs codes in the notification.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

Why asked was to avoid communication gap. There is a coding filed in the Header page and there can be All items, All tasks type separate tab pages. Ok, doubt is cleared.

Now about restriction.

Already you've got a suggestion using authorization object. Conversant with ABAP, comparatively I have been always more comfortable with user-exits for such restriction. Yours is first of its kind so far because of the restriction is associated with Plant.

Now a questions arise:

Restriction is on Plat or Planning plant etc.

By restriction you mean to say that when few Code groups belong to one plant and few to others, user should not be able to use cross plant Code groups. In otherwords it will be simpler if the restriction is based on Catalog profile not on CodeGrps.

Then question comes where from the Plant value to be read, from Equipment? or from any field of the Notification?

If you have ABAPer with you you can explain these questions to him, so that he will be able to give you a solution using user-exit QQMA0014. But you will be needing a ztable having fields Catalog profile (or CodeGrp) and Plant. The code in the exit looks into this table, if the combination does not exist then it will refuse to save the Notification.

That's the story of enhancement.. If you've got ABAPer you can go for this or you should try the Authorization object route (Roles) the way Amol suggested.

Good luck

KJogeswaraRao

former_member201039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

are you talking about this  QQMA0015 user exit or  QQMA0014?

Regards,

Sameer

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sameer

• I'm talking about QQMA0014 only, which depending upon the code given prevents the Notification from Saving.
  • Yes, you can make QQMA0015 also work for you, if you follow, modify and adopt the codes given in my document.
  • One advantage here in QQMA0015 will be there won't be any need of Z-table.
  • At the same time I have doubts about how you'll accommodate the Plant factor in this exit

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

In standard, not possible.

You need to do enhancements to restrict.

Regards

Terence