cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports 2008 12.3.3.812 - Runtime installation customer skips pages

fvestjens
Participant
0 Kudos

We've integrated the Crystal Report viewer in our software using the SDK.

A customer has a report were the result of the report in the previewer shows 5 pages. If I export the report to PDF it shows the same 5 pages. If I export the report to Crystal Report with the saved data and I open the report in my Crystal Report 2008 designer I see 7 pages.

I looked closely at the differences and some data is missing at the customer compared to the version in the designer. If I however export the report to Excel all the data is shown in Excel even the rows missing.

What might be the cause and how can I resolve this.

Thanks for any help

Btw I have an example PDF and the corresponding RPT file with the data, but I'm not able to attach these file types.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To attach the files, you need to change their file extensions.  In this case I would just add ".txt" to the end of the file name - after the existing .pdf or .rpt extension - so that it's obvious which file is which.  Whoever looks at them will then delete the ".txt" off the end of the file name before looking at them.

-Dell

fvestjens
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

CR 2008 is up to SP 7 and it's also end of life now, meaning no more patches.

Try upgrading to SP 7, there were a few fixes released for this formatting problem, but possibly the likely cause is the default printer you are using.

Try to use the same printer, and don't use the XPS printer driver that MS installs ( it's has problems ) you may want to enable No Printer in the page setup, and if it's there use Dissociate... option, this removes the specific printer dependency but retains the basic page layout qualities.

If SP 7 does not fix the issue them upgrade to VS 2010 or above and use the latest CR for .NET SP 16 runtime.

Also you can test this using a sample app I created which is attached to KBA 2163438, requires VS 2010 or above and SP 14 or above.

Don

fvestjens
Participant
0 Kudos

Here are example files with the problem

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the files, it appears that the .rpt has duplicate data.  I would try turning on "Select Distinct Records" on the database menu to see if that helps.  However, it doesn't explain why the PDF export would be different than the RPT with data.

I would definitely upgrade to SP7, as Don suggests.  You can download it from here:  Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others.

-Dell

fvestjens
Participant
0 Kudos

It has to do with the Runtime version of CR2008. The customer has SP3 installed. If I look at the version of the CRPE32.dll it has version 12.3.3.812

If I copy the runtime dll's from the installed Crystal Reports Designer version 12.3.0.601 from my machine it runs fine.

I created a new program in which I'm able to open the saved report. If this program is started in the folder with version 12.3.3.812 and open the saved report it removes lines. If I start the same program in the folder with version 12.3.8.601 and open the saved report it shows all the lines.

So I will check with SP7 what happens.

How does Crystal 2011 and 2013 work with runtime files? I can't seem to find them in the download sections for crystal reports.

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

The SDK packages are no longer shipped with the Designer. All CR 2011 and higher SDK's are now available on a separate download from this page:

On the left is a link to the download page:

The new package also includes RAS, so it's an upgrade from 10.5 that was shipped with VS 2008. Also note this .NET SDK package will only integrate into VS 2010 or higher.

Don