Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting KG to LTRs based on Density

premlahar
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all ,

I need to convert Base UOM Kg to Ltrs based on density , using batch specific UOM ,

how achieve this ,.I have asked the same question earlier , but did not get any reply

Regards

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

As I understand you want to receive material in kg and issue in liters as per density of batch.

Please follow below process to accomplish this:

1) Create unit of measure for Liter(Which is you are issue unit also batch specific unit)  in TXN- CUNI as no dimension, say  LIT, having Technical display unit as KG/L.

2) Assign this LIT in BMA1(Edit Batch sp. unit of measure) transaction as follows:

UoM Batch-specific
  UoM
UoM Ref. Uom
LITLiterLITLiter

3) Now  "Define Calculation of Base Quantity from Proportion Quantity" / TXN BMA4:

Unit of
  measurement of Characteristics
Commercial format              LIT
Technical format               KG/L
Measurement unit text          Liter
Calculation
Base Unit of Measure KG  Kilogram
-------------------------
Batch-specific UoM   LIT Liter

4) Create Characteristics Density with numeric Data type, assign KG/L unit in Unit of measure.

Value assignment should be Choose Single value, untick Interval Vals Allowed, untick Negative Vals Allowed, untick entry required.

5) In your batch class assign char. density  with Org. areas as "S".

6) Now assign the class in Material master

7) Material master - Additional data field Go to tab Proportion/Prod. unit, choose unit meas. use as "B". Density char. automatically come, assign plan value, Unit of measure as LIT.

Note : Activate Batch-Specific Material Unit of Measure in configuration under Batch management---> Batch-Specific Material Units of Measure. (TXN-OMWS)

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

premlahar
Participant
0 Kudos

how do i do the same in reverse ..like

Purchase Order - Ordering Unit is Ltrs  and Base UOM is Kg

and based on density Ltrs are to be converted to Base UOM Kg for each batch

former_member195779
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

No need to do any thing in reverse. Do GI for Purchase order on the basis of Liter and provide density data in Batch system will automatically calculated in KGs.

Regards,

Amarnath Dube

Answers (0)