cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we download all sds for all materials in the system and download at once

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

do we have standard functionality to download all sds's for all materials in the system ? please let me know

K G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

just check SAP online help. The functionality is explained there (so called "DOC-X Export". The topic is very often discussed here. Examples:

Check document:

You will find many references there to your topic

C.B.

PS: e.g.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I used the following logic from sap and got the message at the buttom

"order ********** for numer of reports generated " where do I go to find these reports ? are they downloaded somewhere ?

In transaction CG54 select the material you want the MSDS to be "printed". Once you have the hitlist you can go the the material view (if needed). Select the material you want the MSDS from (in our system we have one substance linked to several materials).

On the menu select: "Report" - "Export". A popup will appear. On this popup you can select the export method. In our system we have the "DOKX_EXOMN" (which is the only one, it came with the EH&S configuration). After using the green checkmark, it will take a little while and an information message should appear, telling you something like "Order x for y report(s) generated".

So far so good. But this still is only the beginning. Next step.

Next transaction to start: CVD1 ("Process Report Shipping Orders"). On the selection screen either fill the order number you or the date selection. Anyway, next you should get a screen displaying at least the order you have create in the previous step. The order should be int status "released". Select the order and click on the "Select" button. The status should change to "In work". Save the changes. Next click on the "Ship immediately" button (For me the second from the left, the envelop going through the mailslot).

The status should change to "Bundled". And after a while and refreshing the screen the status should have changed to "Completed". If you want you can check the progress with the WWI monitor (transction CG5Z, probably with some refreshing here also).

When the shipping order is "Completed", two documents should have been created on you system, one KEY file and one document. The key file is needed for Dok-X (it holds some information to link the document number to a matrial description). The document file depends on what kind of export you use. We create postscript files and convert them into PDFs (manually). Start transaction AL11 to locate the files. I can't say where you have to look for the files, because that is probably system dependant (although maybe I could help you locating the files, but that would take some investigating from my side).

Once you have found the files you can download them using transaction CG3Y (EHS: Download appl. to frontend).

If you don't have the export possibility, we have to find out if we can create that for you (the export uses some functions which might be in your system, but not yet customized)>

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

we use own developed exit (and not DOKX_EXOMN): But SAP help is clear. If you have done anything as part of customizing (and according to my knowledge)

This is the "key" part:

"

Start transaction AL11 to locate the files. I can't say where you have to look for the files, because that is probably system dependant (although maybe I could help you locating the files, but that would take some investigating from my side).

Once you have found the files you can download them using transaction CG3Y (EHS: Download appl. to frontend)."

The folder to store on OS level the files (as exported by the SAp system) is defined using customizing.

But first., If you do not find any report shipment in CVD1 (or report shipment is stucking) your set up is wrong.  Proposed is: start with one material sales /org combination first; try to understand the process etc.

I am sorry to day: the documentation for "export" part is "not optimal" but if you have read the OSS note for report shipment and you have understodd the basic architecture of this it should work

C.B.

PS: may be check: No WWI dispatch for EHS WWI CG54 DOKX_EXOMN | SCN

as well

Answers (0)