cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching of Adobe based HCM Process & Forms from HRMSS_HOMEPAGE Team Overview App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

Currently we are working on implementing the FPM based HCM Process & Forms for which we've developed FPM form and integrated into portal using the team overview application HRMSS_HOMEPAGE by making an entry in the launch pad MSS role. We are able to launch the FPM form.

My requirement is can we launch Adobe based HCM Process & form from the same team over view application HRMSS_HOMEPAGE by creating a corresponding entry int he launch pad role MSS? I've tried setting up the Adobe form (position based) in the launch pad by make use of the application "ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_FPM" and configuration "ASR_EXECUTE_5_STEP_PD". It is giving an option to choose the form from position menu in team overview but when I choose the form then it is again displaying team viewer for the manager in a separate window and I need to choose the position again. After choosing the position I need to choose the form and then it is displaying the adobe form.

I've tried with the configuration "ASR_EXECUTE_3_STEP" but it is throwing an error "No valid QISR_UI Web Dynpro application was specified". I did search and found that configuration "ASR_EXECUTE_3_STEP" works only for forms launched from UWL.

Target Application parameters used in the launch pad are :

OBJECT_MEM_ID&PROCESS=Z99F_PROCESS&APPLICATION_TYPE=PD&OBJECT_TYPE=S&INITIATOR_ROLE=HRASRB

Is it possible to launch both kinds of forms from the same team over view app?. If yes then please guide me to over come this problem.

Siddharth Rajora  and Christopher Solomon - Could you please provide me your valuable suggestions. Thanks.

Br,

Raja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I've gone through Christopher's blog and noticed that he is referring to application "ASR_PROCESS_EXECUTE_OVP" for searching and displaying the objects and then launching the adobe form. However in my case I am using "HRMSS_HOMEPAGE" app for displaying the team for the manager, configuring the forms in launch pad customizing MSS role under POSITION_MENU instantiation. I am not is there is any issue or disadvantage using "HRMSS_HOMEPAGE".

When I try to launch the adobe form, I am getting an error message "Object ID 3******* doesnot match with the object type of process Z99F_PROCESS" even though process is defined to work with position and I am choosing the form from POSITION_MENU.

For a moment I thought I might've made a mistake in launch pad customization and decided to try my luck by executing the form directly using the transaction code "HRASR_TEST_PROCESS" by providing all the relevant parameters application type, process, object type, object key and chosen Web Dynpro Screen radio button from Options for application start section.. same error as above.

Instead if I chose SAP GUI then no such error is coming. I wonder why it is not considering the position as suitable object for running the form which is actually works only on position.

We are currently on HR Renewal Pack 2.0 Feature Pack 3 and the above note is already part of the system.

Br,

Raja.