Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on queries created using hana calculation view

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Just want to ask why I can't see any data when I created queries using hana calculation view as the source? However, data is showing in hana studio..Do I have to activate something in calculation view so data will appear in BEx query?

Thank you..

Loed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Any idea about this?

Thank you..

Loed

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Loed,

I am not sure I understand the question here. Is your cube based on the hana view?

I can try somthing in my sandbox, but you might get an answer before then

Benedict

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using DSO..I tried two (2) different scenarios..First, I imported my DSO, so it became one of the ANALYTIC VIEWS above..Afterwards, I created a calculation view YTEST2 and used the analytic view..Second, I used directly the table of my DSO, i.e. /BIC/AZDSO00, and used it in my calculation view..

On both scenarios, no data were available in query designer..But I can display the data in hana studio..Any idea why?

Thank you..

Loed

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

You might have created some Virtual Provider / Composite Provider (which is used in BEx Query) on top of HANA Calculation View.

Can you able to view the data from that Virtual Provider / Composite Provider?

If you could not able to view the data from VP / CP, then it seems to be User Authorization Issue.

When you view the HANA Calc View data from studio, You are using HANA DB user.

When you view the Bex Query  data, it is using Standard BW user of HANA DB (SAP<SID>).

So please give required object / package privilege to SAP<SID> user,

Then you can able to view the data from BEx Query too.

Thanks & Regards,

Muthuram

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

All authorizations of HANA DB user are present in DB user of BW but issue still exists..Any other idea?

Thank you..

Loed

muthuram_shanmugavel2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

Is this Issue happening in Virtual Provider / Composite Provider level also or only in BEx Query?

Thanks & Regards,

Muthuram

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not try to use the calculation view in composite provider or virtual provider..I used the calculation view directly in query designer..

Regards,

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Any idea on this issue?

Thank you.

Loed