cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracing the movement of goods from Raw Materials to Goods-in-Process to Finished Goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am doing an accuracy test for the costing process of SAP by testing one finished good. I started by selecting one finished good by filtering the storage location and movement type. I obtain the details of that particular finished good including its cost. My dilemma is I want to obtain the details of that finished good when it was still work in process and also the details of the raw materials used. Is there any way I can have those details? Is there particular functionality or TCode in SAP where I can view the flow of the manufacturing process? I am only using the standard goods movement report to view the details of finished goods, work in process and raw materials.

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frances

You can use CO03 and see one production order for this FG. Or

use KKBC_HOE to see all production orders for the FG. Or

if you have material ledger active, use CKMLWQS (it shows actual qty structure)

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for the reply.

Is CKMLWQS a SAP Table that can be viewed through ABAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frances,

In addition to Ajay, you can see the movement type wise quantity and cost details for all raw materials for this FG, you can see in  CO03 (Production order) /COR3 (Process Order) Goto--> List-->Documented Goods Movements. Also You can see the WIP details in KKAY/KKAQ report.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for the help.

However, I cannot seem to find the documented goods movements that you are referring to. Kindly see screenshot below:

Also KKAY and KKAQ doesn't exist in my General Table Display.

Thank you very much.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is a transaction code. You can use if ML is active

For documented goods movement, go inside CO03 and then menu options Go To- Documented Goods Movement

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thank you very much.

I had already located the documented goods movement. However, I cannot seem to connect the production order from which the finished goods were produced. I'm trying to trace the following finished good and I cannot seem to connect that to the production order-- there is no reference to the production order:

Thank you very much once again.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try COOIS. It will give all production orders against a FG material

Try AUFK table may be

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frances,

In MB51, if you give the order in input screen, you will get all the goods movements with respect to that order, coming to KKAY will give WIP details for the period.

As per your required screenshot, MB51 will meets your expectation.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It makes sense to me. MB51 refers to Material Document List right? I cannot seem to find KKAY in our tcodes-- is it an ABAP table or a tcode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frances,

Yes, your understanding is right, if you click on the detailed list, it will give all the desired details with Movement type wise.

KKAY is a transaction code, it will give you all the calculated WIP value for the period.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for that.

However, I cannot access tcode KKAY. Our operations department also do not know that Tcode. Is there any alternative way I can have details for the Work In Process? An ABAP table or so?

Thank you very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frances,

Please try with the COSB table and check the business transaction KABG, it will give all the details of WIP.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for being helpful to me.

I had already extracted table COSB. Is there any way in which I could obtain details of a particular production order pertaining to those list?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frances

There are some nice reports in KKO0. You will have to activate them by assigning a Cost Component structure in OKN0 and choosing "Product Group = Material Group"

Also, you can execute the reports shown in OKN2, OKN4 from GR55. They show some nice reports too

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frances,

You can find the order number in object number (COSB - OBJNR), after OP000, you can find the production order/process order number.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ajay. I'll also consider that. I just need to simplify things so that I could present my computations to our management. Maybe, I'll post another thread regarding this task of trying to figure out the automated computations of SAP for Raw Materials (using Moving Average concept), Work-in-Process, and Finished Goods.

Thank you all for the help. I learned a lot.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try AUFM table here you can get material consumed against movement type 261 with ref. of your order .

Regards

Prasad

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frances,

You can also get information in KOB1 report.

Regards,

Mukthar

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hmmm, not an efficient way in my opinion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not authorized to use transaction KOB1.