cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilizing OLAP-CACHEof Webi reports for Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I want to use OLAP cache generated from Webi Reports to be used for design studio , the Idea is to schedule the webi reports so that cache will be generated in BW so when the Design studio App opens for the very first time after data load can use the cache in BW so that we can reduce the startup time , i have used all performance optimization techniques in Design studio, I was able to generate the cache at same level  using Webi and design studio but two different cache is getting generate , I was able to check the Design studio is reading from the cache , i have used the link below for references.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3789915

Regards,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions , we don,t want to use webi's scheduled instance , we are using BICS connection to Design studio applications , and our applications has good response time,

The issue is,  when the very first time we open the dashboard after data load the initial startup time is more , because the cache gets invalidated after  data load ,

to generate the cache we must use bex broadcaster to build OLAP cache which depends on JAVA stack to be present in the system , we don't have JAVA stack, is there any possible workaround to generate cache after data load .

To generate cache we are trying to use webi and are able to create cache but the problem is the cache generated by webi and design studio application is different pls suggest any work around

Note : we dont want to use Webi's scheduled instance

Regards,

Bala

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Although this is an old discussion, you may find the following new post relevant to your scenario:

Regards,

Mustafa.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good morning Bala,

there is a solution from a Partner Company APOS for that scenario. It allows you to use the scheduled Web Intelligence report as a data source or use an instance as a data source.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that a question ? It seems you were able to get something of it ...

BW OLAP cache can be used, yes. You could, for instance, generate it in a process chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck,

Thanks for the reply the issue is we don't have java stack available in our landscape , so we cannot generate the OLAP cache via broadcasting and process chain , so we are trying to achieve it by scheduling webi, but what happens is Design studio is not reading from the cache generated by webi.

Regards,

Bala

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Using scheduled Webi instances as a data source is not supported in standard Design Studio.  This is not related to the BW cache.  You cannot use the BW cache for Webi instances.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

The approach is We are scheduling the webi reports based on bex queries to generate BW cache which happens i can c that in cache monitor ( rsrcache )  then i am executing design studio with the same query and it should select the cache but this is not happening it is generating new cache in BW.

Regards,

Bala

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I suspect that as you've observed, the BW cache generated from a WebI report execution is being treated independently of a BEx Query executed directly via a Design Studio data source.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for the input, need your suggestion for below points

a) Want to know if it is possible to make Design studio application to read BW cache generated by webi report 

b) if iam able to use Bex Broadcaster for generating OLAP cache in BW whether this cache can be utilized by design studio application.

Regards,

Bala

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bala:

Partners have already developed similar extensions - others have replied in this thread.  APOS for the Web Intelligence data source and BI Excellence for the broadcasting.  Download SAP Analytics partner extensions