cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking of Eqp no. & Char. values

former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I need to get Char. Values for a Equipment no.

1. V_EQUI-Equnr to AUSP-OBJEK(+desired ATINN) it works in my Prod. client but not work in Dev. Client.

2. V_EQUI-Equnr to INOB-OBJEK and get CUOBJ, pass CUOBJ to AUSP-OBJEK(+desired ATINN) it works in my Dev. client but not work in Prod. Client.

although I can get this through FM/BAPI but there gets values of all Chars., not the single specified one.

kindly suggest the solution.

please refer the marked old thread (doc no-3221098), same issue was faced Mr. Jogeswara earlier.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3221098

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

Good News, Finally I am able to show a fm-free solution to your query.

The Table you need is KSSK_INOB (view).

See the picture below (SE11)

I passed the Equipment number to the field INOB_OBJEK field  of this Table. (You should fill OBTAB field also with value 'EQUI'  to avoid getting matching lines related to other Tables if any). See what we got.

I got the OBJEK number which we needed to pass to AUSP table.  I think the Mission has been accomplished .

So the join is

EQUI-EQUNR <--------------> KSSK_INOB-INOB_OBJEK

KSSK_INOB-OBJEK  <----------------->  AUSP-OBJEK

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello JRK Sir

thanks for the detailing, my key intention is to get the single char value with minimum transactions:

As I already described- 1. in PRD., EQUNR and AUSP-OBJEK is same for all cases and my fixed char value can be fetched with these 2 steps only. And INOB or KSSK_INOB doesn't work here (refer snapshots 02,03, 01)

2. in DEV. (there are different equipment Nos.), I tested with different way of uploading/assigning the Class-Char with equip. to get EQUNR= AUSP-OBJEK (like PRD) but not get. here it is reqd. a linking table i.e. INOB or KSSK_INOB.

*now my query is what is logic behind for EQUNR= AUSP-OBJEK unlike DEV client. and I think I should go for this coding without getting results in DEV. but must be successful in RPD.

*I am not in favour to use FM this time because results come with values of All chars assigned to mentioned class and further it has to be filtered for specific one.

(Obviously Results can be achieved with any one of these methods.)

Regards

Parveen Goyal

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • I already expressed my doubt about that notion.(It might be because of some Equipment number might be matching with some OBJEK number and returning values in AUSP)
  • Only option is to use the referred function module to get OBJEK by inputting EQUNR until the investigation for the disparity you noticed. finishes (I could not find that in my system).
former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sir..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

Though it was long ago and I forgot, I now recalled that at that point, I switched to FMs and completed my developments.

Because you are not interested in FMs a middle way solution is given below, but before that let me tell you about my finding that EQUNR is not the value to be inputted in OBJEK field of AUSP table. That was a wrong notion. We have to get OBJEK value using EQUNR field from some table which is still a dark area.

Here comes the mid-way solution.  FM:  BAPI_OBJCL_GET_KEY_OF_OBJECTPass the Equipment number (18 digits with all its leading zeros), Table name (EQUI) and Class type (002) to the import parameters as shown below and get the OBJEK value from the output (Export parameter CLOBJECTKEYOUT).

Pass this output value to the OBJEK field of AUSP (with your ATINN). Now you will get the values.

Now about the observation that we are getting in DEV and not getting in PRD etc, that is because the Equipment number we are passing must be matching with some OBJEK value of some other classified object. So that observation was not correct. (Obviously in DEV and PRD different experiences will be there because the OBJEK value belongs to different object sin PRD and DEV)

Finally, (I think you know), there are such FMs that we need not look towards Tables to get all Class and characteristic information such as...

BAPI_OBJCL_GETCLASSES

ALM_ME_CLASS_CHAR_GETDETAIL

Regards

KJogeswaraRao