SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Clearance Process

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

As there any standards process of student clearance. Final Transcript will be issue Once student is cleared from different departments of Institution. As there any standard infotype in which we maintain these data against student.

Kindly guide me

Thanks

Fawad Aslam

SLcM Functional Consultant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fawad,

what we use are statuses in Student File (Tx PIQST00). If the student owes money, our Accounting dept. will set a financial status (see image below), if the student owes books, our Library will set a "Library status". When a student starts a diploma request process, an email is automatically sent to him/her indicating the document will not be delivered until everything is cleared. The process isn't paused, so degree audit is completed and diploma (+transcripts if requested) are printed but the document will be held by our Registrar Office until clearance is completed.

Hope this helps,

Michael

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

michael_hobbins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fawad,

what we use are statuses in Student File (Tx PIQST00). If the student owes money, our Accounting dept. will set a financial status (see image below), if the student owes books, our Library will set a "Library status". When a student starts a diploma request process, an email is automatically sent to him/her indicating the document will not be delivered until everything is cleared. The process isn't paused, so degree audit is completed and diploma (+transcripts if requested) are printed but the document will be held by our Registrar Office until clearance is completed.

Hope this helps,

Michael

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for your continues support of our SCN space.

0 Kudos

Thanks Micheal

My Concern is that in student master data, Can we maintain all these details. Like Lab equipment's are issued against students and that data will maintain against that particular students. Until he returns the equipment's He will be not cleared and Transcript will not be issued. Same for other departments like Transport clearance Hostel Clearance etc. How we will maintain these record?

Thanks for your Kind suggestion

0 Kudos

Hello Fawad,

as far as I know there's no place in Student Master Data (neither Student File) to set equipment (or books or whatever) issued to students. The best approach in Student Master Data is to use holds in the same manner I mentioned statuses in Student File. And this means you will be able to indicate that a student owes equipment or books, but not specifically what. For there 2 examples we use a .NET app developed by us (with interfaces into SLcM) and PMB respectively.

The problem we've had with holds here is that once you set one, a student will not be able to be booked to a course. The hold "freezes" any actions for the student. Statuses in Student are simply to set a status which you will be able to read during booking processes (por example) and take actions as needed.

If you want to stick to Student Master Data, the alternative I see is you develop your own infotype for these matters. We've done this before for students who are also teaching, and we need to set a "fee per hour of class" for HR to determine how much money they'll have to pay them during the semester.

Cheers,

Michael