SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Dealer Business Management

surendra_swami
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have defined a new schema of item categories for the DBM Order.

This schema is attached with on of the Order Type.

I have created another Order Type for which Item category schema is different. The two schema have many item categories in common.

While Order copy, those items are also copied in the target order which are not available in target order's schema.

Can someone suggest how to restrict the same.

5 REPLIES 5

SachinX
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

You can use following path of configuration or user traction /DBM/ITEM_COPY.

DBM SPRO--> Order->Copying of items->Determination of item category->Define criteria.

Here you can maintain source to target item category copy control at various levels of criteria tables.

Alternatively, you can restrict copy of items at following configuration path:

DBM SPRO--> Order->Copying of orders->Define Copying Control for Order Type

choose your copy combination & uncheck copy items.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

0 Kudos

Hi Sachin.

Thanks for your comments.

But none of these option gives facility to restrict item category from copying.

Copy Control provides you facility only to allow copying of items or not but not at item category level.

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

What is your requirement?

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I have defined an Item category which shall be applicable to a specific Order Type.

I shall not be allowed to copy any item under this item category to a target order of different order type. However, other items from different can be copied.

Swami

0 Kudos

HI Surendra,

For this SAP has provided Exit Code in customization setting as shown in attached screen

you also have to implement BADI /DBM/ORDER_COPY_BADI..with same filter..read F1 help on this field.

In this BADI you can use your own logic to remove or allow items for copying...