SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Framework for Parallel Processing (FPP) for Policy Management

donnie_burhan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to ask for guidance about how do Framework for Parallel Processing (FPP) for Policy Management is working.

1. Does FPP works like the Logistics Data Extraction (LBWE), which is necessary for SAP BW delta extraction?

2. Is there any recommendation for which Parallel Processing Objects to use and the Interval Distribution to use (Manual/Automatic)?

3. How do we configure FPP to run automatically? I read that we need to use function modules within /PM0/FPPEXT package.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Donnie

1 REPLY 1

hilbergm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Donnie,

FPP is used for multiple batch processes in FS-PM. You can find a detailed description in Chapter 4.6.1 "Description of Batch Runs Implemented in FPP" in the FS-PM Operations Guide.

To 1.: I don't know the Logistics solution. Main use case of FPP is for updating the policies on a regular basis but there are also BI extraction runs for FS-PM built on FPP.

To 2.: I'd say use automatic unless you have a good reason to go manual.

To 3.: You're on the right track! There is also information on this in the Operations Guide including a sample program. The 5.3 delivery also includes some programs for this. Check out /PM0/FPP_EXT_*.

Best regards,

Michael