SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type for Counter Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

DBM for Counter Sales, Post Goods Issue system standard use movement type 502.

Can you suggest me we should use movement type 502 or change to use movement type 601 as SD sale.

And help me how to change movement type for DBM system.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cao,

in tcode /DBM/SPRO->Order>Order Type->Define Order Type

to each order type "GM Type Schema" is attached which decided the movement type that are used for posting goods movment based on item category .

This "GM Type Schema"  can be configure and assigned to  movement type on tcode /DBM/SPRO->Part->Assign Movement Types and Delivery Types.

You can keep standard or switch to based on your requirement but do not forget to add /DBM/ORDER02 transaction code to allowed transaction list to movement type else it may not work..rest their are lot difference between 502 and 601 in behvaiour both in terms of finance and logistics....like 601 is with account assignment..but 502 is not which makes sense as profitability analysis in DBM is handles at internal order level not at sales item level

my suggestion go with standard unless you have clear requirement of using different movement type..

Regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cao,

in tcode /DBM/SPRO->Order>Order Type->Define Order Type

to each order type "GM Type Schema" is attached which decided the movement type that are used for posting goods movment based on item category .

This "GM Type Schema"  can be configure and assigned to  movement type on tcode /DBM/SPRO->Part->Assign Movement Types and Delivery Types.

You can keep standard or switch to based on your requirement but do not forget to add /DBM/ORDER02 transaction code to allowed transaction list to movement type else it may not work..rest their are lot difference between 502 and 601 in behvaiour both in terms of finance and logistics....like 601 is with account assignment..but 502 is not which makes sense as profitability analysis in DBM is handles at internal order level not at sales item level

my suggestion go with standard unless you have clear requirement of using different movement type..

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh

When i change to movement type 601 system give me error:

Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry 601 X X)

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Cao,

Go to OMJJ and add the required entry to update control for movement type 601.

Please ask SAP MM expert to do this if you are not . Also still why you do not want go for standard movement type?