cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Account - "User already exists in system" hard stop message when approving or rejecting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using GRC 10.1 SP11.

I recently made a change on our system to allow MANAGERS to reject roles. When making this change I faced an issue on the system for NEW ACCOUNTS where the message "User xxxx does not exist in system xxxxxxxx". The workaround was to click on "show all assignments" to bring the system in and then reject the roles.

We applied the note  2150059 - UAM: Account Validation is triggered at all times and for rejected items during request approval, which fixed our issue, but after this we are not able to neither reject or approve (roles and request) on a CHANGE ACCOUNT.

This is a screenshot of our Provisioning Settings, per client requirements we must have the account validation check active.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member218393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bruna/Allesandro,

We are also facing this issue. Can you please let us know, if this is resolved from your end and how it is resolved?

Regards,

Biswaranjan

0 Kudos

Hi Biawaranjan/Shripad,

Could you please check if the below SAP Note is implemented in your system as this note contains fix related to rejected items for Change account request type

2270740 - UAM: Approval/Rejection status set incorrectly

Regards,
Khushboo Kapur

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Khushboo,

The note resolved our issue, I'll close the message.

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruna / Banzer

Have you received any update on same issue..

Issue is exists in SP12 too

Regards,Shripad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruna,

Could you check the actions associated with the request type in SPRO against note 1675444.

Also please implement SAP note 2288396 in your system if it has not been applied yet.

Best Regards,

Zoltan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

Tried implementing the note 2288396  but it didn't fixed my issue: when approving a Change Account I still get "User xxx already exists in system xxxx" error message.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bruna,

I have an OSS incident open with SAP and will let you know once I have a solution.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

Is there any news about the issue?

I've faced with the same problem after updating GRC component to SAPK-V1023INGRCFNDA.

Regards,

Artem

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Artem,

I fixed the issue with note 2230213. Let me know if it works.

Best reagrds,

Alessandro

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you for the information!

Do you have a similar note for GRC 10.0?

Meanwhile I will try to implement the note by Khushboo (see below).

Regards,

Artem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruna,

Can you try setting the Account validation Check to Warning instead of Error so that the message will be shown as a warning.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. As I mentioned, it's a client requirement to have it set to "error" and not just warning.

Even changing it my issue doesn't go away since the message is being displayed on a Change Account (so the system is acting as if I was trying to create the user instead of changing it.)