cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with SAP BI Mobile App - Differing behaviour between ipad and iphone

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a program going through to use crystal reporting to allow our sales team to have live access to business information on their iphone while they visit customers.

The reports are all created and written.

There are, however, a couple that wont run correctly.

They function correctly on the Windows desktop crystal reports tool initially.

They get uploaded to our BI server as a mobile report and they appear on the ios devices correctly.

If I open the reports on my ipad they also run correctly.

If i open the same reports on an iphone they fail to work. Network and user credentials are the same in all situations.

My reports are driven by a few user-input parameters that are used to filter our DB records.

As an example one report on customer information is driven by a parameter "partial customer name", a parameter "partial customer address" and a parameter "partial customer postal code".

The report takes these 3 parameters and does an "instr()" on each one to see if we have any customers in our DB whose records contain either that name OR contain that address OR contain that postal code. Any matching records are returned.

It is important that the user does not have to input every parameter, just the ones they need each time.

On the ipad this works fine but on the iphone it generates several error messages.

Firstly it says ERROR "The report needs a refresh on launch" (user hits refresh) before the reports tries to run.  This doesn't happen on ipad.

It then brings up the standard parameter input screen (user inputs one relevant parameter of the 3 possibles that are displayed).

The iphone then says ERROR "Fill all mandatory prompts (MOB 07004)". This doesn't happen on ipad

User then completes all parameters correctly to see what happens. Report tries to run but just presents a blank screen with "Refresh Document" written across it. This, again, doesn't happen on ipad.

A youtube video of this behaviour is here: https://youtu.be/8ittEIGE238

This seems to be a bug because reports work OK on PC and ipad but not iphone.

Unfortunately all team have iphones not ipads.

The ipad i am using is an ipad pro 9.7 with ios 9.3.3 installed.

I have tried: iphone 6 running ios9.3.2 and iphone 5S running ios9.3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Based on the above, I believe the folks in SCN Space or would be better suited to handle your query if it is still in question.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/64_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Page 7,8.

Please refer to this guide for compare between iPad and iPhone support for crystal reports.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will see if i can work out how to move my post to the more relevant forum, thanks